DPS merc...what gear?

SteelDawn

Hiya fairly new to end game as didnt play for a long time.

Im now lvl 60 and have alot of coms to spend on gear, as a DPS mercenarly should i be getting the boltblaster stuff or med-tech?

i can buy a med-tech offhand pistol but only a generator for boltblaster which leads me to believe i should be going for all med-tech stuff? its just the word med implies to me maybe that its healer gear?

Any help apreciated.

cheers

Boltblaster and Med-tech are both fine, as DPS and healer share most stats. Do try to pick up plenty of Accuracy, though, which will be found on Boltblaster but not Med-tech.

Once you win a token from an Op (you lucky dog!) you'll want to pick EXCLUSIVELY Eliminator gear because it's got the right set bonuses on it.

Don't buy power generators, though; only DPS Powertechs use them. (Well, apart from DPS Vanguards and all Commandos, but they're Pub side. The point is that Mercenaries equip pistols as offhand weapons, not generators.)

Edited by venomlash

For my Merc, I bought Full Boltblaster's Set minus the Boots, which I went Med-Tech. Swap the Power/Alacrity enhancement from the Med-Tech boot for a Power/Accuracy (Advanced Initiative 36). Med-Tech off-hand (was the only offhand blaster available oddly), GTN for a 186 barrel (Advanced Reflex Barrel 36) and possible Advanced Agile Mod 36/36A and another Advanced Initiative 36 enhancement to finish off your main hand blaster. Had enough Elite Comms to grab a Boltblaster earpiece (192), then went Boltblaster implant (186) and a Cybertech crafted implant I've had for a while that was 186. Reflex Augments to finish off. Edited by mastervalkar