Make Utility Points More Interesting

Chicktopus

Utility points are all well and good, but they aren't particularly thrilling. One hardly looks forwards to levelling another 5 levels to unlock a 30% damage reduction whilst stunned. Big whoop.

No, my suggestion is to amalgamate many of these 'passive buff' Utilities in to the Skillful/Masterful sections and use some Masterful and Heroic utilities for something exciting that adds something new and/or augments existing abilities. What do I mean by that? Here's a couple off the top of my head for the Sith Assassin class:

Force Mobility -- Force Lightning may be used whilst moving

Shadow Step -- Dependent on charge: Lightning/Surging Charge: Using Spike/Maul whilst at a range from the target will teleport you behind the target and activate the ability. Effect may not occur more than once every 10 seconds, Dark Charge: Using Spike/Maul from a range teleports you face-to-face with the target and activates the ability

Exuberance -- Overload knocks back all enemies within 5m

Electro-magnetic Charge -- Dependent on charge: Lightning/Surging Charge: Whilst Force Speed is active, knocks back any enemies who pass within 1m of you, dealing 300 Force damage. Dark Charge: Whilst Force Speed is active, enemies who pass within 2m suffer 300 Force damage and are drawn towards you. Generates a high amount of threat.