The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Daily] A Trail of Light is bugged?

Delta_V

So, first of all, there appear to be some oddities in the macrobinocular portion of this mission. Specifically, you "detect" the datastream and can use the binoculars when you are still too far out of position. This results in your attempted scans constantly being interrupted. This can be solved by standing directly on top of the mission marker, but is still annoying. Either the detection range needs to be reduced, or the area where you can successfully scan the datastream needs to be increased.

But the *real* issue is the seeker droid part. You are supposed to scan the piles of freshly dug dirt, but something is not right. I have routinely scanned every single pile without success, and today, I said screw it, I'll just scan in the direction the indicator tells me. End result? Me standing directly in front of the waterfall with the seeker droid telling me to walk into a shear cliff. It appears that the treasure is spawning somewhere it's not supposed to.

Has anyone else had issues with this quest?

Had the same problem with the Datastream missions too. Only a real issue for the Final link.

Yup. Same thing here. Want's me to dig the wall or walk thru it.

The Ping Indicator is off-kilter. Just progress around the Freshly dug earth points (with the shovels) and scan each of them in turn till the Droid procs a digsite. Ignore the scanner ring.

Had the same problem with the Datastream missions too. Only a real issue for the Final link.

Yup. Same thing here. Want's me to dig the wall or walk thru it.

The Ping Indicator is off-kilter. Just progress around the Freshly dug earth points (with the shovels) and scan each of them in turn till the Droid procs a digsite. Ignore the scanner ring.

I tried that. The day before, I scanned every single one of the piles twice over before finally finding it, and the indicator *never* showed green. But yesterday, I got the green indicator and decided to follow it just to see where it went, and it ended up pointing me out of the dig site.

• 3 months later...