Can't finish Forged Alliance Part 3

zalio

Issue: The data pad in the room where you turn in the quest is flashing but clicking it does nothing and so can't finish the quest.

Bug: I have determined that the "clicking bug" occurs when you are moving inventory items while in the process of zoning out of a flashpoint (I was zoning out of the Legacy of the Rakata flashpoint). If you are moving an item in your inventory and do not move it to another spot in your inventory before you zone, then you will get the clicking bug. This clicking bug will cause your clicks not to do anything. I was not able to click on an elevator, a mailbox, nothing. This was why when I tried to click on the data pad it did not advance the dialog/quest. The workaround is that if you go back into your inventory and move the item again that you were moving at the time you zoned out of a flashpoint, then it should fix the bug and allow you to click on things without the clicking bug.

Unfortunately, I did not find the resolution to the clicking bug before I reset the quest. I reset all SoR quests. I went back to the terminal on my ship to get the quest and was put back in the beginning of Forged Alliances Part 3. But this time, I was not able to get the Solo version. I have read one of the posts that states that you can only do the SoR flashpoints once in Solo mode. So the only way I can finish Forged Alliances Part 3 is to do the regular version with a group.

I submitted a Help Ticket in game and got a response 4 days later that simply confirmed that the data pad should work. It is somewhat disappointing to get this kind of response after waiting this long. I described the situation in my ticket just like this post only to be told that the data pad works. Well under normal circumstances of course it works. I have 10 level 55 toons (6 Empire and 4 Republic) and have been able to get 7 of them leveled to 60 without any problems. But then again, I did not happen to be moving an inventory item while zoning out of a flashpoint on my other toons.

Anyways, I would like to get this toon to 60 and it has been about a week and still no resolution.

Hopefully, anyone else who encounters the clicking bug will be able to avoid what I did. Don' reset your quest, just move the item you were moving while zoning again in your inventory and things should be fine.

Edited by zalio
update

• 3 months later...