The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unlock Cartel Market Collections Armor and Weapons as Legacy Bound

chosonman

Wouldn't it be sensible to make these items bound to legacy once they are unlock as a collection from the CM? I can see a whole lot more players collecting sets it this is done. It also makes a whole lot of sense if you want to equip another alt with the same gear quickly without having to duplicate a new set and move the armoring over to the other character. It would be a welcome QOL change. I for one would probably spend a ton more CC on unlocking as many collects as I can. Edited by chosonman

Bump... please bioware make this happen. I'm ready to buy tons of Cartel Coins to unlock as many collections as I can.

Also, I don't think as many players know about collection as you think. It took me almost a year to learn about collections, and it was only by accident reading through these forums. If you implemented this I'm sure way more players would start unlocking them.

Edited by chosonman

The problem is that the Legacy Bound idea would only apply to characters on one server, not your whole account; where as the Collections Feature actually applies to your whole account (meaning, that you could have characters on any and all of the servers, if one so desired) - and it's not limited to just one server.

So, say for example, when you started playing, you were working on characters on the Prophecy of the Five server, and have some Cartel Market Pack items that you added into the Collections feature on there. Then, when some of your friends on that server didn't get to be on as much as they once were, you put those characters on hold, and switched to work on characters on the Bastian Server, and were able to add more items from the Cartel Market Packs on there to the Collections Feature. And also had characters on the Shadowlands server that were able to add and unlock other items in the Collections Feature - which makes more things possible than Legacy Bound would.

As I see it, not every character needs to have every single thing that comes out, just what looks right for that character. I like the Collections Feature just the way it is. Although, I'd like to see the decorations be included sometime, so that once you got a copy of, for example, each of the Jukeboxes (Core World Classics, Soothing Melodies, Stellar Hits, and Underworld Classics) - you could unlock them in the Collections Feature for something like 50 Cartel Coins.