The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make Reusable Toys into Abilities

vemerce

In the pre-collection days when these things remained unbound, it was fine to leave them as inventory items because you could pass them around between alts and sell them if you got tired of them.

Now that they bind on use, there's really no reason not to turn them into "learned" abilities and free up the inventory slot.

In the pre-collection days when these things remained unbound, it was fine to leave them as inventory items because you could pass them around between alts and sell them if you got tired of them.

Now that they bind on use, there's really no reason not to turn them into "learned" abilities and free up the inventory slot.

I agree. That is the main reason I only have one maybe two regen item in my bag- not that I don't like the others ones but I like to have a lot of room in my bags. If we could learn them and free up bag space I would probably go out of my way to collect more without worry about bag space.

:)

• 9 months later...

Not only would this be good for players, but it would incentivize more people to become toy collectors. This would mean more cartel coin purchases and more funding for The Old Republic. And with fewer items in storage across the servers, wouldn't that mean fewer lines of code? Everyone wins.

If you really wanted to go nuts with it, you could add a random toy ability like those added for mounts and pets.

Not only would this be good for players, but it would incentivize more people to become toy collectors. This would mean more cartel coin purchases and more funding for The Old Republic. And with fewer items in storage across the servers, wouldn't that mean fewer lines of code? Everyone wins.

If you really wanted to go nuts with it, you could add a random toy ability like those added for mounts and pets.

(a) Nice necro.

(b) What's the relevance of the lines-of-code comment?

© Wait, when did they add a "random mount" ability? Where is it?

(a) Nice necro.

(b) What's the relevance of the lines-of-code comment?

© Wait, when did they add a "random mount" ability? Where is it?

(a) would you rather him make a new thread? The issue is still relevant.

(b) he's (guessing) at a possible side benefit from implementation of this idea

© pretty sure there has been nothing official about this, if you catch my meaning

Well he's wrong. The volume of data and the number of lines of code required to manage it are not closely related. (If I manage more *kinds* of data, that usually requires more code, sure, but if I manage more "rows", no.)

(a) would you rather him make a new thread? The issue is still relevant.

© pretty sure there has been nothing official about this, if you catch my meaning

I believe © was shown on the last stream.

I believe © was shown on the last stream.

It was indeed, along with random pet. I remember because Musco was accidentally hitting the mount icon instead of the random mount icon and was confused because he thought it was giving him the same mount over and over randomly. Good times.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid