The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Player Character Statues/Replicas

A recurring thought while I (much to my surprise) became obsessed with housing and decorating was, ' it would be so awesome if I could display old outfits here.' This was partially satisfied by putting old outfits, that I spent way too much money getting at the time, on my companions and setting them out; but unless I'm on the actual character that owns the house, the companions appear in holographic form and in their original base outfits, not the ones I designed.

It'd be a great way to make old outfits- and alts- relevant and exciting. (I may or may not have 17+ characters that now have far less replay value with the new discipline system.) As mannequins, in a way, I suppose. So those abandoned styles and looks don't go to waste. Just another possible way to show off your creativity- and your legacy, as a bonus. Having your 'extended family' or 'allies' or whatever you have them set as guarding various parts of your house in full battle regalia just sounds awesome to me personally. I admit its mainly out of a desire to show off my outfits and character designs.

Practically speaking not sure how this would be done. It would be even more awesome though, if you could activate like a 'holoreplica' cartel item on your present character, in whatever pose they are in (ie weapons out- or maybe even mid-emote!) and set it out in the house. Or even just allow you to place your alts around the house in the same way as you can companions/pets/mounts etc.

Any/all of this may be entirely impossible to script though, I have no idea, but it sure does sound cool to me. I'd spend oodles of cartel coins setting up my characters all over.

:p

(Amendment: I would be far less interested in just a holographic projection of my character, instead I meant an actual replica as the character looks in-game. Perhaps moving even, if possible, with the animation length the same as a typical emote. It really would open up so many options for populating one's house, making it dynamic and alive, and adding another layer to apply your creativity to. Show off all those emotes and dances you've stocked up and all the money you've spent on cartel outfits!)

Edited by Star_of_Shili