The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Meditations, eye glows, and color crystals.

Responded to a post in community content about purple eye glow toys that had me thinking. Firstly I am of the persuasion (as is a good portion of the community) that there should be a way to make any character meditate. I'm also in agreement with the posts I've seen talking about regent toys getting seperated from your general inventory. And lastly I know anyone whose opened lots of cartel crates probably has a bunch of crystals lying around unused.

So here's my suggestion(s): Three things that can make this work for the majority and give a slight (or more) boost to the game economy.

1- Give toys their own inventory tab like mission items and currency have. You could make them abilities but then my unifying suggestion most likely becomes invalid. Also there's already an open spot for the tab in the inventory menu.

2- Make a meditation toy (and also please a couple different styles of holocron as toys), make it (them) legacy collections unlockable. Place it (them) in the first set of Cartel packs that come out after it's (they're) completed. Cartel gets a boost to sales since it's a high demand item (as I would like to hope the holocron toy would be as well), and the GTN gets a boost too.

3- Make any toy with a glow have a colored crystal slot that we can place the existing (and any future) Color crystals within. Now people get glowing meditations and eyes of their color preference. Match it to your saber or blaster perhaps? Again Cartel market gets a boost as people buy the crystals/crystal packs/packs offering crystals. Also those that have an overabundance already, have a better chance of them selling on GTN as they have an additional purpose other than weaponry.

This of course could extend to other toys as well perhaps? Maybe a life day orb of your color preference? Or would you perhaps like to whip out your favorite style holocron (Pyramid, Cube, D12, flat top pyramid), glowing with your favorite color while rp'ing? There's a multitude of possibilities for applications for this amongst many of the toys that exist or can be may be added later.

2- Make a meditation toy (and also please a couple different styles of holocron as toys), make it (them) legacy collections unlockable. Place it (them) in the first set of Cartel packs that come out after it's (they're) completed. Cartel gets a boost to sales since it's a high demand item (as I would like to hope the holocron toy would be as well), and the GTN gets a boost too.

Not meaning to be rude, but you've clearly failed to understand why people want meditation. We want it for roleplaying purposes, and suggesting that the meditation should be added as a toy defeats the purpose of adding it at all. You can compare this to how the initial chair regeneration ability was added; it was useless because it only lasted for a few seconds. If they add meditation to the game it should be in the form of a emote like the /chair emotes so that it will last until you decide to break it. Otherwise the meditation will be useless for roleplaying purposes.

I personally made a detailed suggestion about this a while back: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7681394#post7681394

Edited by Inzuher

I get that, maybe make it last for an hour then? If your stationary for that long your gonna get disconnected for inactivity anyways. I only went with toy for the color change possibility otherwise there'd be amillion different colored emotes. Also even some of the emotes are time limited, such as the datapad emote only lasting about 2-3 seconds. I'd love to have my toon just typing away until I want him to stop but sometimes the devs. Just either aren't on the same page or they don't think those things through. What I'd hate to see is a meditation emote that only lasts for 5-10 seconds and then has to be re-"emoted" where as with a toy you only have to click one button again. Anyway I was just trying to throw some ideas out there to promote some rp customization options and get a discussion going on the subject while also giving the devs a monetary incentive to include something that's been asked for frequently, any rudeness is forgiven. Also maybe they could have a couple different style meditations such as kneeling, sitting lotus, standing (ala consular), or raged (ala Sith warrior). Edited by LordGwaereon