The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vengance jugg

TominatorBriss

I'm also noticing "changes" to how Ravage/(MS) works...

Maybe I'll chalk it up to lag right now, but it seems like the damage is more "back-loaded". I also used to interrupt the channel at around -0.4 seconds left to start my next ability and still get the last "tick" of damage. Can't seem to do that anymore and have to wait even more time. Definitely am noticing a delay in damage vs. animation as well.

Hopefully it's lag but it wouldn't surprise me if they stealth nerfed it.

You're not the only one. It has been shifted, and is now definitely harder to clip.

I guess it's okay for Ranged DPS to be able to cast their strongest single target damage or heal while on the move / kiting but it's not okay for a melee class to move while channeling Ravage/MS -- much less maintain the -0.4 second "clip" damage while moving through a rotation.

I still thing Jugg is a fun class to play but it's a frustrating change that is going to take a bit of getting used to timing wise.

I guess it's okay for Ranged DPS to be able to cast their strongest single target damage or heal while on the move / kiting but it's not okay for a melee class to move while channeling Ravage/MS -- much less maintain the -0.4 second "clip" damage while moving through a rotation.

I still thing Jugg is a fun class to play but it's a frustrating change that is going to take a bit of getting used to timing wise.

Yeah, realistically all knight specs use it a lot now, due to the low CD, the fact it isn't mobile channel is... dumb...

TBH, I would have thought that Bioware would have given Ravage/Master Strike the same treatment they gave Madness specced Sorcerers - that clipping Force Lightning isn't fun so let's make the channel shorter.

Madness sorcerer you used to clip Force Lightning right as you got 3 stacks of Wrath so it was changed to a 2 sec channel and granted 4 stacks of Wrath. Should have done the same for Master Strike/Ravage and changed the channel cast time/when the damage ticks.

We were clipping anyway and according to them, clipping isn't fun.

TBH, I would have thought that Bioware would have given Ravage/Master Strike the same treatment they gave Madness specced Sorcerers - that clipping Force Lightning isn't fun so let's make the channel shorter.

Madness sorcerer you used to clip Force Lightning right as you got 3 stacks of Wrath so it was changed to a 2 sec channel and granted 4 stacks of Wrath. Should have done the same for Master Strike/Ravage and changed the channel cast time/when the damage ticks.

We were clipping anyway and according to them, clipping isn't fun.

Personally, I enjoy that little nuance of the rotation and hope they dont change it. However, BW is on the path of removing RNG from rotations, boss fights, etc., which is not a bad thing, so we could eventually see a change like this.

Personally, I enjoy that little nuance of the rotation and hope they dont change it. However, BW is on the path of removing RNG from rotations, boss fights, etc., which is not a bad thing, so we could eventually see a change like this.

I fully agree, I enjoyed the clipping personally and saw it as the differentiation between advanced and mediocre. I was just expecting them to give Ravage/Master Strike the same treatment they gave Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw just because they were going the route of making things more streamlined and all.

Just thought id update, full 186 power augments, 198 offhand(vendor) 2 198 relics, just pulled 4,170, now for once I had absolutely no lag on my ship and my ravage was clipped perfectly every time, so I'd say 4200-4300 with ideal conditions is what most will be able to hit, also using the old 4piece set bonus as well, I'm consistently above 4k now, last patch seemed to have fixed things, for me at least

Just thought id update, full 186 power augments, 198 offhand(vendor) 2 198 relics, just pulled 4,170, now for once I had absolutely no lag on my ship and my ravage was clipped perfectly every time, so I'd say 4200-4300 with ideal conditions is what most will be able to hit, also using the old 4piece set bonus as well, I'm consistently above 4k now, last patch seemed to have fixed things, for me at least

Yeah still getting lag :/

I'm up to about 4070 ATM, west coast on an east coast server is just sucking right now. I'm getting situations where not only am I not clipping properly, but I'm clipping after the first tick instead of after the third, missing two ticks, yet the animation has played so that the final tick has already went out.

Yeah still getting lag :/

I'm up to about 4070 ATM, west coast on an east coast server is just sucking right now. I'm getting situations where not only am I not clipping properly, but I'm clipping after the first tick instead of after the third, missing two ticks, yet the animation has played so that the final tick has already went out.

I actually had that happen to me tonight quite a few parses, and it dipped me just under 4k 3 times in a row, luckily the lag settled down, i then parsed a 500k, and 1mill dummy back to back, very happy with those 2 numbers