Best Comp for a Sith Marauder

Capwill

Hey Guys,

I need some help I am trying to find out which Comp would be best for a Sith Marauder who does mostly PVE questing and no PVP battles. I really like being able to get a fight over with quick with losing the least amount of health if possible. I have been told by many people several different answers to my question. Some people say if you want to get battles over quickly use Vette, but I have been seeing lately that at Level 37 she is not really killing stuff that quickly even though I have been keeping her well geared out. Other people say I should use Quinn since he would heal me and keep me alive longer but the fights take longer to get over with. I have also heard that Jasea is really good but when I used her when I got her she was like Vette in that I seem to come close to dying even though I make sure that I am very well geared out. I have not really heard if Pierce is any good as a Comp. So I am confused as to which type of Comp would be best for me who really wants a comp that will help me kill stuff quickly and not die or at least lose as little health as possible. I would be most grateful for any help you guys can give me. :confused:

fights will only end quickly if you are decently geared. If you are Marauder, use Quinn and spec in hatred (RAGE). Or use Vette and still spec Hatred.

Sometimes when you instruct your companion not to fight, it takes a while for them to start fighting again. I stopped doing that and just let them die or use force camo.

Hey Guys,

I need some help I am trying to find out which Comp would be best for a Sith Marauder who does mostly PVE questing and no PVP battles. I really like being able to get a fight over with quick with losing the least amount of health if possible. I have been told by many people several different answers to my question. Some people say if you want to get battles over quickly use Vette, but I have been seeing lately that at Level 37 she is not really killing stuff that quickly even though I have been keeping her well geared out. Other people say I should use Quinn since he would heal me and keep me alive longer but the fights take longer to get over with. I have also heard that Jasea is really good but when I used her when I got her she was like Vette in that I seem to come close to dying even though I make sure that I am very well geared out. I have not really heard if Pierce is any good as a Comp. So I am confused as to which type of Comp would be best for me who really wants a comp that will help me kill stuff quickly and not die or at least lose as little health as possible. I would be most grateful for any help you guys can give me. :confused:

Depending on how you approach it depends on your best option.

The top dps option is jaesa, who wins by a landslide.

Afterwards is HK51, but you have to unlock him

Third is Vette, but this assumes multiple targets and you've turned on her AoE attacks (but still in single target mode)

Next is a tie between Pierce and Broonmark in DPS modes. However, I'd take DPS pierce.

I'll leave the rest out of this because they all suck.

Now, why DPS Pierce?

Because he still does very good DPS, but you can turn on his taunts so he takes all the damage. After a fight, simply use rocket boots, a speeder, or a dismissal/resummon, and he comes back with full health. This means you can kill all the mobs faster than with a heals companion (and almost as fast as with a DPS companion), but with far less downtime.

fights will only end quickly if you are decently geared. If you are Marauder, use Quinn and spec in hatred (RAGE). Or use Vette and still spec Hatred.

Sometimes when you instruct your companion not to fight, it takes a while for them to start fighting again. I stopped doing that and just let them die or use force camo.

Hatred is the Sin DPS spec. You're thinking Fury

Edited by TACeMossie

Does anyone know what would be the best Spec for a Marauder now that the new patch 3.0 has come up, I have been using Carrange but I am having a hard time killing stuff so I was wondering if maybe Rage or Anni would be better. :confused:

Does anyone know what would be the best Spec for a Marauder now that the new patch 3.0 has come up, I have been using Carrange but I am having a hard time killing stuff so I was wondering if maybe Rage or Anni would be better. :confused:

For leveling I would use Fury as it will simply be much easier than the others (with carnage being most difficult). Annihilation will also be good, but less obviously effective than Fury due to far less burst.