Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

12xp needs to be permanent for subscribers

SITHLORDJENNIFER

I need my 12xp back in a permanent form I have been trying to get to 55 for 4 years now.

I am 33 that's all the further I have goteen in 4 years if 12xp was made permanent.

Then the game would be fun but as of 4 years now the game or any game I play is work.

Please bring 12xp back permanently Thank you

Jenny aka Grouchy Cat

I raise my light saber and salute you :)

Were you not keeping up to date with SWTOR from October to now?

Some of my guild mates were able to get between 8-16 toons leveled to 55 during the 12x XP.

I was able to get 11 done aside from my three 55s I had prior to October.

Real life commitments prevented me from playing during the last weekend before it ended so I am short 2 55s (now 60).

There have been many threads created asking for it to become permanent. Just do a search for "12x XP".

I even asked for it to be extended a week, but no joy.

Oh well. I'll just wait until the next XP event to level my last 2 toons. I have more than enough to do on the other toons in the mean time.

I need my 12xp back in a permanent form I have been trying to get to 55 for 4 years now.

I am 33 that's all the further I have goteen in 4 years if 12xp was made permanent.

Then the game would be fun but as of 4 years now the game or any game I play is work.

Please bring 12xp back permanently Thank you

Jenny aka Grouchy Cat

I raise my light saber and salute you :)

Regardless of the OP's ability to get a toon to 55 I agree with his initial request. After launch the 12xp boost should be made permanent for subscribers.

I'd rather not have the 12 xp boost. Makes leveling too fast and harder to keep up with gear. And I'd like to learn how to tank/heal by doing sm fp's. Lastly there's still lots of planetary quest stuff that I haven't done yet that I'd like to do with a challenge.

)

As someone else pointed out its impossible for you to been trying to get to 55 for 4 years as 50 was cap for first 18-20 months

BUT that technicality aside

This game, with out a single xp boost of any kind

is beyond ultra easy to level in

I dont buy your story at all as I have 2 30 something characters myself that I rolled up 6 months ago and ONLY play them in PVP (I did the PVP Daily each day and logged) and even those I have not actually played for 2 months. So if they can get into 30s doing that small of play

Then no one will buy your story of 4 years to be a 30 something

and also, if indeed it has taken you this long, then thats an issue on how you play and the people at end game who rely on group mates to know their classes and abilities and tactics should not be punished by basically giving you a level 60 character so you can do content you clearly will not be able to handle or comprehend.

There is more to game then just you and giving you (as you describe yourself) 12x XP to leap frog into play you will be unable to compete in (again based soly on your own description of yourself) is NOT whats best for game.

Level normally

Learn your class

Learn your skills

When you do that, xp will flow fast and easy with out a single boost being required!

The game hasn't even reached it's third anniversary. Level cap didn't raise to 55 until well over a year after launch.

You have not been trying to get to 55 for 4 years.

It's possible. OP didn't say "continuously" nor even "how many hours played".

I'm an alt-o-holic. I have 16 toons. And before the 12x my highest was 38. I've been subscribed the whole time... but come back and then decide I'm still burned out. To show how much of an alt-o-holic I am, I *still* don't have any 55s. I could have one... but I wanted to see more of the class quests on some of my other alts.

Level normally

Learn your class

Learn your skills

When you do that, xp will flow fast and easy with out a single boost being required!

Sorry, that doesn't follow. Since end game is different from chapters 1-3, that's where your learning pretty much begins for a lot of people. Quesh literally killed my interest, every time I logged in. Taris is similarly boring. So no xp flowed. It was easy- so much so that it was remedial. So therefore, it became a lot of slogging through busy work- not fun, which is what I look for in a game.

Edited by hachibushu

It's possible. OP didn't say "continuously" nor even "how many hours played".

I'm an alt-o-holic. I have 16 toons. And before the 12x my highest was 38. I've been subscribed the whole time... but come back and then decide I'm still burned out. To show how much of an alt-o-holic I am, I *still* don't have any 55s. I could have one... but I wanted to see more of the class quests on some of my other alts.

Sorry, that doesn't follow. Since end game is different from chapters 1-3, that's where your learning pretty much begins for a lot of people. Quesh literally killed my interest, every time I logged in. Taris is similarly boring. So no xp flowed. It was easy- so much so that it was remedial. So therefore, it became a lot of slogging through busy work- not fun, which is what I look for in a game.

It's not possible that they've been trying to get to 55 for 4 years. Like I said in my reply, the game isn't even 3 years old.

It's not possible that they've been trying to get to 55 for 4 years. Like I said in my reply, the game isn't even 3 years old.

Sorry... that was my misunderstanding. I don't know for years... so I didn't get that *this point* was what you were refuting. Carry on (my wayward son). Sorry... I tried to resist. I really did.

For those against making the 12x boost permanent, I've come across a couple ideas that could make it easier to accept:

1) Making it a legacy unlock. Perhaps with the prerequisite of already having a 55. (or 2)

2) Putting it on the Cartel Market.

3) Giving it a toggle option so that no one is forced to use it.

I personally like the first option because for those of us who already have multiple 55's, I don't know many who are wanting to go through that arduous grind again. It would just be nice to be able to experience different classes story lines.

While I am assuming this was a one time thing, I leveled up 4 characters including 2 that I had abandoned and one class that I had not tried before (Operative), had no intention of trying, and now ... it's my main character. I think this was great as I got to experience all of the Empire class stories.

I previously had a 55 Merc, and a 37 Sorc, and I was stuck on the Sorc, so I probably wouldn't have leveled her further.

So from personal experience, I think its awesome to be able to experience all of the class stories in a condensed format. Given more time I would have leveled some Republic classes as well.

I think perhaps a subscriber should have one level 55 character prior to getting 12X unlocked, or perhaps a given length of subscription for people that are stuck leveling. If someone subscribed for 12 months and couldn't hit 55, then they deserve a break!!!

i would love that. i am not a pvper or raider, i play swtor for the story, but to level and do story, grinding, some quest, maybe pvp, flashpoints, then some story again.....i want to play the story as it is, you could restrict it to 55 or 54...a reply would be nice from bioware.

i would love that. i am not a pvper or raider, i play swtor for the story, but to level and do story, grinding, some quest, maybe pvp, flashpoints, then some story again.....i want to play the story as it is, you could restrict it to 55 or 54...a reply would be nice from bioware.

100000000%

I have 6 max level chars and CANNOT grind another out after tasting 12x

I WILL PAY FOR IT!

Gimmeh 12x

I'd rather not have the 12 xp boost. Makes leveling too fast and harder to keep up with gear. And I'd like to learn how to tank/heal by doing sm fp's. Lastly there's still lots of planetary quest stuff that I haven't done yet that I'd like to do with a challenge.

The 12xp would be storyline anyways....

You can still do all the FPs and side missions unaffected.

There is literally NO argument valid enough to refute this.

I so want it back as well. I have 5 of the 8 storylines done now, but since it was turned off, I'm not even sure what I want to do. I was having more fun working ALTs up to 50 than working on current/new content. I wanted to at least finish off the other 3 storylines and I have 8 of the opposite advanced classes created as well. I've read rumor that it could be tied to the unlocked class buffs (chap 2 completion) - 3x per buff. That would work as I made sure to finish the last buff I was missing before 12x ended. Something should be done for people with max level chars to not have to slog through all the non-class questing again and again. EQ2 does +20% per max level char (Stackable) to help you get other characters leveled. I like the 12x more than the click a button jump to 55 approach that WoW and EQ2 (Also) have implemented because SWTOR is all about the stories.

The 12xp would be storyline anyways....

You can still do all the FPs and side missions unaffected.

There is literally NO argument valid enough to refute this.

So apparently you never got stuck in a group with someone who had no idea how to play their class because they powered through to 55, then tried to tank a HM in level 30 gear, and didn't know the basic mechanics of how to play their class.

Lucky.

The only, and I repeat, ONLY way I would be in favor of bringing 12x xp back is via legacy system. Make it a character perk, and absurdly expensive (not less than 5 mil), and requires a Legacy Level of at least 40, though I would prefer 50, simply because it would give something to those people with max legacy.

12 XP should be a legacy perk awarded when you complete the class story on any class ONCE. After that if you roll a toon of the same class (not build or advanced class choice) then you should be able to level by blowing through the class quests without having to slog through side quests that you've already done. I have several unleveled alts solely because the very thought of doing all the side quests again made me not want to play. It's not as though players have a choice of how to level either -- it's all a rail and there isn't even a choice of questing zones (as in WOW).

When the 12xp hit, for the first time since launch, I actually got four other toons to 50. My other alts will just have to wait till there's a huge XP boost again.

Please consider adding this feature. I know I would play a lot more if it weren't such a grind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.