credit transfer

Myrrd

Hello, new player in town and I need some info on transferring credit/item from one toon to an other.

1- How do you transfer credit/item/material from on toon to an other?

2-do the toon as to be on the same server and on the same alignment?

Thank you

Myrrd

1. You can transfer items in two main ways (other than trading through a 3rd party). You can place the items in your legacy storage, and have the other toon retrieve them, or you can mail them. (Note - if they are "bound" you can't transfer them. Items need to be either "Bind on Equip" or "Bound to Legacy" or have no binding, like mats.)

You can transfer credits through the mail. Note - you have to have a "title" for the mail message before you can send it, but any title will do, even 1 letter.

Simply open up a new message, choose or type in the recipient, and add your items (by right-clicking them) and/or enter an amount of credits into the appropriate box. Hit send. (The system will warn you if the recipient is not one of your toons, or not in your Guild) (Another minor hint - when you right-click an item to add to your mail message, the item's name will become the title of the message if you haven't added one yet.)

2. The recipient has to be on the same server, but not the same alignment. Your legacy storage is for all your toons, Rep and Imp, and the mail goes both ways as well - after all, how else could you send HK parts to the opposite alignment. :)

(Also, if course, I have both Rep and Imp toons and have used these methods myself.)

Edited by JediQuaker

• 9 months later...
1. You can transfer items in two main ways (other than trading through a 3rd party). You can place the items in your legacy storage, and have the other toon retrieve them, or you can mail them. (Note - if they are "bound" you can't transfer them. Items need to be either "Bind on Equip" or "Bound to Legacy" or have no binding, like mats.)

You can transfer credits through the mail. Note - you have to have a "title" for the mail message before you can send it, but any title will do, even 1 letter.

Simply open up a new message, choose or type in the recipient, and add your items (by right-clicking them) and/or enter an amount of credits into the appropriate box. Hit send. (The system will warn you if the recipient is not one of your toons, or not in your Guild) (Another minor hint - when you right-click an item to add to your mail message, the item's name will become the title of the message if you haven't added one yet.)

2. The recipient has to be on the same server, but not the same alignment. Your legacy storage is for all your toons, Rep and Imp, and the mail goes both ways as well - after all, how else could you send HK parts to the opposite alignment. :)

(Also, if course, I have both Rep and Imp toons and have used these methods myself.)

I wish they would let us transfer credits to our legacy safe, it's rather silly to have to mail them. For the most part each character doesn't need to carry a ton of credits on them, we should be able to pool them in our legacy storage, like a real bank, and be able to withdraw as needed.

I just feel it's strange that we can't do that especially with all the strange names we're forced to come up with to send an email, one misspell and someone else can end up with shipped items or credits. And without having a way to view our characters names while in-game, I find I've had to go back and forth from the server screen to make sure I was spelling a name correctly. I'm dyslexic so that doesn't help matters. HA!

I wish they would let us transfer credits to our legacy safe, it's rather silly to have to mail them. For the most part each character doesn't need to carry a ton of credits on them, we should be able to pool them in our legacy storage, like a real bank, and be able to withdraw as needed.

I just feel it's strange that we can't do that especially with all the strange names we're forced to come up with to send an email, one misspell and someone else can end up with shipped items or credits. And without having a way to view our characters names while in-game, I find I've had to go back and forth from the server screen to make sure I was spelling a name correctly. I'm dyslexic so that doesn't help matters. HA!

you can add you characters names to your friend list but only from the same alignment Then those names will pop up when typing. So you only need to remember two characters names from opposite aliiangments

you can add you characters names to your friend list but only from the same alignment Then those names will pop up when typing. So you only need to remember two characters names from opposite aliiangments

Cool thanks. Gotta admit I must be loopy because when I first read this I was trying to figure out, why two? Oh yeah, one from each side... derp.

The first paragraph: yes, this might be cool. You're far, far, far from the first to post this idea, though, and there are ... issues ... about non-subscribers and being able to transfer credits and what happens when your subscription ends and things happen and ... Best to leave well alone.

The second paragraph: No, you can't accidentally send stuff to another account without a popup warning.

And I have a way to view my characters' names while in-game. Well, *I* have two, but everyone has one of them. Write the characters' names on actual paper and keep it handy.

(My other way is to put the names into a .txt file and bring it up in Notepad on my second screen, 'coz I have two on the same PC.)

I just feel it's strange that we can't do that especially with all the strange names we're forced to come up with to send an email, one misspell and someone else can end up with shipped items or credits. And without having a way to view our characters names while in-game, I find I've had to go back and forth from the server screen to make sure I was spelling a name correctly.

That's where the Family Tree comes in handy (if you mean same server, same account). Go to Legacy Panel, click on Family Tree, and there are all the characters in your Legacy for that server/account.

Edited by Trynitris

The first paragraph: yes, this might be cool. You're far, far, far from the first to post this idea, though, and there are ... issues ... about non-subscribers and being able to transfer credits and what happens when your subscription ends and things happen and ... Best to leave well alone.

The second paragraph: No, you can't accidentally send stuff to another account without a popup warning.

And I have a way to view my characters' names while in-game. Well, *I* have two, but everyone has one of them. Write the characters' names on actual paper and keep it handy.

(My other way is to put the names into a .txt file and bring it up in Notepad on my second screen, 'coz I have two on the same PC.)

Well I'm doing both presently, because I can hardly read my own handwriting anymore, I was born left handed and they forced me to write with my right so my handwriting was never good. But I've also developed carpel tunnel in both hands rendering my writing completely illegible.

So I typed out all the names in a notepad doc and then printed it keeping it handy. I just got tired of having to remember some strange spellings. What would be nice is if they allowed for more names to become available. If you have a legacy name that's unique, why can't there be 200 people with the first name Luke on a single server? It would get old quickly but at least all you'd have to remember for email is your first non-unique name and your legacy unique name. Guess I'm asking too much though.

I wish they would let us transfer credits to our legacy safe,

A legacy safe would be a great idea if they made it possible. Then every character could visit the legacy bank and take or deposit whatver credits they need. If they do it like you write then the player would never be in direct danger of loosing the entire legacy creditbank by a missclick on the GTN.

I am in 100% support of this and it has also been suggested a few times in the suggestion forum.

A legacy safe would be a great idea if they made it possible. Then every character could visit the legacy bank and take or deposit whatver credits they need. If they do it like you write then the player would never be in direct danger of loosing the entire legacy creditbank by a missclick on the GTN.

I am in 100% support of this and it has also been suggested a few times in the suggestion forum.

Oh I can feel that, I had one of those misclicks very recently. Thought the unit price was the total price, I was tired and jumped on it thinking "WOW It's THAT CHEAP!!!" And my "JUMP ON THAT" instinct kicked in then what I thought should have been a 1200 deduction turned into a 240k deduction I was kicking myself.

If you have a legacy name that's unique, why can't there be 200 people with the first name Luke on a single server?

Well, the main obstacle there is that the legacy name isn't unique. (It was originally, but they changed it, around 2.0 time I think, so that it was allowed to have multiple accounts with the same legacy name.)

Oh I can feel that, I had one of those misclicks very recently. Thought the unit price was the total price, I was tired and jumped on it thinking "WOW It's THAT CHEAP!!!" And my "JUMP ON THAT" instinct kicked in then what I thought should have been a 1200 deduction turned into a 240k deduction I was kicking myself.

Yeah, there are many posts here on the forum with players missclicking the GTN. A total legacy credit that all characters can access at all times could have a horrible effect but with a legacy credit bank the player can choose how much to take/deposit the result would be awesome :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

Yeah, there are many posts here on the forum with players missclicking the GTN. A total legacy credit that all characters can access at all times could have a horrible effect but with a legacy credit bank the player can choose how much to take/deposit the result would be awesome :tran_smile:

Gotta admit my noobness, when I first saw the "wall safe" and "floor safe" I thought that's what they were, places to store credits between characters. :)

I just figured out yesterday that its actually a node to farm off of. I just thought it was for looks.

?? The only "wall safe" and "floor safe" I know of are the decos from the security key vendor. Those are cargo bays.

Were you thinking about the slicing node decorations like the "electronic safe", "coded safe box" etc? Yeah, I have one which gives me ~1500 credits a pop (Durasteel Footlocker).

?? The only "wall safe" and "floor safe" I know of are the decos from the security key vendor. Those are cargo bays.

Were you thinking about the slicing node decorations like the "electronic safe", "coded safe box" etc? Yeah, I have one which gives me ~1500 credits a pop (Durasteel Footlocker).

Yeah I wasn't aware they were just decorative for the cargo bays, I thought they were specific to letting you move and hold money around people in your legacy, it would make sense wouldn't it? If they add a mechanic like that they might have to create a specific item that will hold credits apart from the individual characters. So a safe or cash vault type item would be right up that alley.