Is Regular Leveling (10+) Really Broken?

arunav

lets see, class revamp, system revamp ... nope, must be a learn to play issue ...

how dumb ar u?

look, the game was laughable easy since f2p already ... so if u always on Level with gear not lower then 15 Levels u will have no and had never a problem with mobs ...

but if u did the 12 xp thing and are stuck between 40 and 50 ... and played teh day before 3.0 and the day adter, u will notice the difference ...

To be honest, I think this is probably true. Looking back at launch and the months that followed multiple strongs were difficult; much more difficult than one elite. Of course, at the time, at least for me, I was at level or underlevel when facing those mobs. And my gear was whatever I could afford at the time and early in the games life it certainly was not purple at level.

If the difficulty has been adjusted for whatever reason, bravo! Making the game a challenge once again where you have to use all of your abilities at level to get through a series of mobs or you have to use strategy is what the game was and should always have be.

And yet... I just started an operative and I have yet to see any significant difference either way.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the game is challenging like in the old days like this ^^ the fast leveling / skipping was the only reason to pre order the xpac for me (and because of rishi)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/23idz80.jpg

a silver mob same level is more difficult and two are killier in the same area as this Boss

officially, Mobs should die faster after the update and get harder again after level55 ...

Explanation of current Situation: silver Mobs got buffed instead of nerfed / healing cooldowns are longer and less potent now (?) / caracter has less damage output due to skill tree changes

if you are that concerned, just check out my thread as a detail leveling 1 to 60 using a Sith Inquisitor as an example.

As someone else pointed out, based on the characters you say you had already, it seems likely that you're running with 400-500+ bonus presence from legacy unlocks. That is a gigantic buff at low levels. If you really want to run a valid "test" you should do it by starting a character on a different server where you have no legacy.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Explanation of current Situation: silver Mobs got buffed instead of nerfed / healing cooldowns are longer and less potent now (?) / caracter has less damage output due to skill tree changes

It really does sound like a simple sign reversal in some modifier that is specific to silver mobs. The fact that people report no problems or an easier time in the same situation with golds supports that theory.

Edited by Heezdedjim

As someone else pointed out, based on the characters you say you had already, it seems likely that you're running with 400-500+ bonus presence from legacy unlocks. That is a gigantic buff at low levels. If you really want to run a valid "test" you should do it by starting a character on a different server where you have no legacy.

This is a good point. I've been steamrolling Taris mid-late teens with well geared combat medic/HK combo. But my HK does have the benefit of the presence bonus which definitely makes a difference. But...I'm really not interested in rolling a new toon on a different server to see if silvers really are harder. I'll take everyone else's word for it :)

I Agree your lying or incompetent... unlike people like you many of us are pointing out its certain mobs and actually checked...

Says the person so clueless that he didn't even check the link in the post he quoted.

If you're THAT clueless, why should anyone believe anything you say?

It's a re-learn to play issue.

That's all to it.

I kind of doubt that. I'm not saying that I'm a pro at this game or anything, but there does seem to be a big imbalance between Silvers and Golds now. I can beat up both of them a lot better than before and I actually understand my character a lot better with the new discipline system, its just that I'm squishier and Silvers seem to hit a lot harder now. Mobs you find just strolling around haven't been an issue for me, but bosses and mini-bosses in story missions seem a little off. I took a fair amount of damage while taking out a Silver and then steamrolled the Gold boss while taking minimal damage.

Basically, they just need to switch Golds with Silvers in terms of difficulty. They're backwords right now, or so it feels.

Says the person so clueless that he didn't even check the link in the post he quoted.

If you're THAT clueless, why should anyone believe anything you say?

I did check and i dont believe him.. hes rolling with legacy bonus and or sent equipment credits... Not to mention its happening after say class mission where you get a ship.. That why people like me who have checked and not completely clueless people like you have noticed it...

So... They aim to make enemies easier to kill while leveling, yet... Said enemies hit considerably harder than before?

Sounds logical.

My normal group noted this as well on the very first mission in HOTH. We went in as normal (me as tank, one dps, and one healer)...... comments went like this

"Damn (tank) you health is dropping fast, I cant heal you quick enough".... tank dead

"Oh wow...what did they do to the damage mobs do" dps dead

"Yup its harder" Healer dead

I cant remember the last time all three of my group members died to normal mobs.... I will say we were all running with green gear (some 3 or 4 levels below current level). We spent the time last night to gear back up and we shall see if its still this bad. However I would say we were facerolling Quesh just prior to the patch. So maybe this "balance" is really what was needed.... I will reserve opinion until after playing more tonight.

Been testing it with some friends... To us it seems to be really between 20 and level 40ty for certain classes and companions... Especially healing companions.. i think moveing the skills around made some gaps for damage mitigation and such...and healing slow downs hurt healing companions.. Just an opinion.. But that seems to be part of the cause...

lets see, class revamp, system revamp ... nope, must be a learn to play issue ...

how dumb ar u?

look, the game was laughable easy since f2p already ... so if u always on Level with gear not lower then 15 Levels u will have no and had never a problem with mobs ...

but if u did the 12 xp thing and are stuck between 40 and 50 ... and played teh day before 3.0 and the day adter, u will notice the difference ...

^^^This exactly^^^ my group left off at lvl 40 Hoth.... you DO notice a difference...a fairly substantial one. But one I feel you can overcome with correct gear/near level gear and some re learn 2 play (I know some of my tank abilities changed.)

I will be very surprised if they don't address this, far too many people of varying levels and experience are having concerns.

Blizzard have been working round the clock with patch work to fix all the stuff they didn't foresee after mucking about with damage modifiers, and how many years have they been at it?

And somehow we are meant to believe BW cant get it wrong?

Whoever chose to nerf the HP and other stats needs to resign. You failed us, the customer. You harmed the game we love. You harmed the franchise. And it didn't need to happen at all.

At a time when your meals get smaller so did your game. But your bill sure didn't get smaller did it?

I just came back after quite some time. I started a new Sith Sorcerer. I hit level 11 or 12 last night I think. So far I am not having trouble with anything at this level. I am shredding silver star mobs and have had no trouble with the gold star ones. I'll see how it goes as I level up.

Been testing it with some friends... To us it seems to be really between 20 and level 40ty for certain classes and companions... Especially healing companions.. i think moveing the skills around made some gaps for damage mitigation and such...and healing slow downs hurt healing companions.. Just an opinion.. But that seems to be part of the cause...

I think you're right. I started a new character and the Silvers seem to be where they should, but my lvl. 28 still gets destroyed by 2 Silvers.

I just came back after quite some time. I started a new Sith Sorcerer. I hit level 11 or 12 last night I think. So far I am not having trouble with anything at this level. I am shredding silver star mobs and have had no trouble with the gold star ones. I'll see how it goes as I level up.

that has been my experience so far as well. We will see how it goes once I get to the mid-level range.

one thing I will say is that it doesn't help the cause if this is indeed happening, if certain posters continue to repeatedly post acting like spoiled little children screaming at Bioware and having three year old tantrums.

acting in such an infantile way only detracts from this alleged issue, instead of bringing it to light.

no one wants to listen to the rantings of a jerk.

I think you're right. I started a new character and the Silvers seem to be where they should, but my lvl. 28 still gets destroyed by 2 Silvers.

This has always been true... prior to 3.0...though the first signs of it seem to have moved down in levels somewhat. Do we all forget all the moaning in the forum about how people get their keesters handed to them once they reach Hoth for example?

In the early levels of the game, the mobs generally only make basic style attacks. But as you move to higher levels, you will tend to see silver/gold mobs making clever use of skills (just like most players do). Mobs are given level appropriate skills...including some advanced skills. So awareness and tactics become more important as you level. We have all new skill/discipline mechanics with 3.0 and I am sure the mobs got their slice as well... so expect to see some differences from pre-30.

Just because you can faceroll the starter planets does not mean you will faceroll to 60. The aware and alert player will adapt to changes and move through them just fine IMO. The blind keyboard facerollers are in for some pain though... and that is as it should be IMO.

TL;DR as you level (and this has always been true), at higher levels mobs will get more clever and have more abilities to attack you..... but you also get more abilities to counteract attacks/stuns/etc. With new skills/disciplines, I fully expect to see the mobs behaving differently at some levels then we used to be accustomed to.

Edited by Andryah

The only way to know for sure would be to check combat logs.

Since 3.0 has just dropped, and there are probably subs that were leveling toons with combat logging enabled, it should be a simple matter of looking at the numbers. Go look at the mobs you were fighting < 3.0 and look at how much damage those mobs were doing.

Go fight those same mobs again, and look at how much damage those mobs are doing now.

Doing this would provide actual concrete data rather than "it feels more difficult".

This has always been true... prior to 3.0...though the first signs of it seem to have moved down in levels somewhat. Do we all forget all the moaning in the forum about how people get their keesters handed to them once they reach Hoth for example?

In the early levels of the game, the mobs generally only make basic style attacks. But as you move to higher levels, you will tend to see silver/gold mobs making clever use of skills (just like most players do). Mobs are given level appropriate skills...including some advanced skills. So awareness and tactics become more important as you level. We have all new skill/discipline mechanics with 3.0 and I am sure the mobs got their slice as well... so expect to see some differences from pre-30.

Just because you can faceroll the starter planets does not mean you will faceroll to 60. The aware and alert player will adapt to changes and move through them just fine IMO. The blind keyboard facerollers are in for some pain though... and that is as it should be IMO.

TL;DR as you level (and this has always been true), at higher levels mobs will get more clever and have more abilities to attack you..... but you also get more abilities to counteract attacks/stuns/etc. With new skills/disciplines, I fully expect to see the mobs behaving differently at some levels then we used to be accustomed to.

Yes. This is the way I see it. Remember way back when... the first time you hit Hoth, or Quesh for the Counselors or Voss? These were and still should be known as skill check planets. You have to know your class to get through at level. But since those early days many have cruised through those areas over-geared or over level and in pilot mode and it became expected.

In those early days, 2 silvers were always tougher then one elite. For squishy classes who got their healer late like Sentinels discretion was the better part of valor. And tbh, you learned how to deal with it and how to play your class so that once you got your healer you didn't rely on them as much.

I don't know if there is an issue here. But certainly if we are going back to that then I welcome it.

The only way to know for sure would be to check combat logs.

Since 3.0 has just dropped, and there are probably subs that were leveling toons with combat logging enabled, it should be a simple matter of looking at the numbers. Go look at the mobs you were fighting < 3.0 and look at how much damage those mobs were doing.

Go fight those same mobs again, and look at how much damage those mobs are doing now.

Doing this would provide actual concrete data rather than "it feels more difficult".

Good point. Good parsers will also show the heals from your healing companion. Easy to compare with an old log.

I just leveled 11 chars to 54-55 (setting up on a fourth server). The thought of playing another level 10-ish character makes me queasy... I suspect that lowbie leveling will be broken for me for a long time - possibly until the next 12x.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.