Question on Pre Forged Alliance quest/pre Raven

Imasithbanana

I was wondering if some one could explain what this is a little more?

So when I played a long time ago I finished the main story then just PvPed. I never went to the Valkiryn(sp) space station or did Op's/flashpoints. I've not done the Hutt quests but I see them in my mission log. I did almost finish the Makeb questing story to get to 55.

Right now I'm in full PvP gear. Should I do it for the gear/exp? I don't want to miss the story elements but feel the gear/grind might be a turn off.

On my alts during the 12x event I did most of the story until I hit 47 then Makeb until 55. So their gear is less then par.

Thanks for the info.

You're not getting around Forged Alliances for the SoR storyline. You can either do them the traditional way (as group flashpoints) or solo them with the help of a GSI God Droid. Either way, they'll give you 162 PvE gear (though only in solo will you get a full set).

As for what gear you need for Forged Alliances, full Obroan should be enough. Full Brutaliser would be overgeared. If you're soloing the FPs with the droid, you'll also be bolstered -- that's how I feel perfectly confident about going into them with my vanguard in her leveling greens, once I get around to it.

The SoR storyline will give you a full set of 168 greens, then a full set of 178 blues.

Alright cool. I was going to back track my toons and do the main story stuff/finish off but since I've not done anything past the main story. I did not want to miss out on a free set of gear/story.

Almost past level 50 is technically part of the main story -- Malgus' New Empire (Planet: Ilum, FPs: Battle of Ilum, False Emperor), the Hutt Cartel Crisis (Op: Karagga's Palace, Planet: Makeb), the Dread War (Ops: Explosive Conflict, Terror from Beyond, Scum and Villainy, Planet: Oricon, Ops: Dread Fortress, Dread Palace), and now Forged Alliances and the Revanite crisis. You can skip most of these without missing much in SoR, though if you care strongly about story I'd recommend at least reading up on Malgus' rebellion and the Hutt Cartel Crisis and possibly doing Oricon and the Dread Ops or watching their cutscenes on YouTube. Makeb and the Dread War are both referenced by NPCs throughout the SoR story, as far as I can tell.

There is a new class quest in Shadow of Revan. To be able to do it, you have to have finished your class quest up till that point, which ends with act 3, the last portion of which is Corellia and some finishing touches after that. If you haven't done that, you cannot do the class quest in SoR.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.