Operative Healer solo content sucks

collinc

Just played through a few missions on Rishi. With no explosive probe, no orbital strike, no corrosive dart my rotation has become:

Grenade, shoot, shoot, shoot, grenade, shoot, shoot, shoot.

Occasionally I'll run up and debilitate and backstab and shiv, but those have rather long cooldowns. Why exactly did we need to lose 3 attack abilities? Or are we not supposed to spec heal unless we're running in a group now? Because this is just boring and time consuming.

Because this is just boring and time consuming.

That's what ALL healers are/are meant to be like when solo healing PvE.

You're basically immortal, but it's dull and slow. It's why I never spec heals for Dailies.

If you were doing similar to DPS speed of killing, while specced heals, then there was a big problem.

If you were doing similar to DPS speed of killing, while specced heals, then there was a big problem.

I killed things a lot slower than other dps before. This isn't even an issue of kill speed. It's an issue that there are 2 skills to use and one of them is the default shoot. There are also 2 melee skills, but one of them you have to be behind for. And I have a freaking gun, I should be able to use some ranged things.

What about shiv and back stab. I have never used explosive probe and rarely used OS, things died before it did anything anyway. I really enjoy solo content on my op healer, still do in 3.0.

Shiv works well enough but that means I have to run up and be close to everyone, and as I said I have a gun. Backstab you have to be behind for that, and I'll probably only ever be able to get that off if I stun them first. Unless I run with a tank comp I guess. Then you probably weren't using os right. Start an attack off with it, it knocks down weak and standard npc's and you could focus on strong and elite npc's.

Shiv works well enough but that means I have to run up and be close to everyone, and as I said I have a gun. Backstab you have to be behind for that, and I'll probably only ever be able to get that off if I stun them first. Unless I run with a tank comp I guess. Then you probably weren't using os right. Start an attack off with it, it knocks down weak and standard npc's and you could focus on strong and elite npc's.

Dude I'm with you that these changes suck. But I don't think you're op'ing right. You have a gun but you're not really a ranged class. You're a stealth melee. In more than one sense.

Dude I'm with you that these changes suck. But I don't think you're op'ing right. You have a gun but you're not really a ranged class. You're a stealth melee. In more than one sense.

Yeah I know that's what they want, but then we need more than 2 skills for melee. Not like I can sit there and shiv over and over again. I'm with you too though.