Sentinel or Guardian solo/duo-Q 3.0

vXCozmoz

Hey folks.

Firstly, not trying to make another "help me to decide" thread. I'm just going to give my own perspective and thoughts on this matter. With 3.0 closing in and after been reading most of the changes and might add I have never been rolling what people consider "op/fotm" I play what I find most fun and appealing cause that always wins in the end. So bear with me :D.

Moving on, I'm a returning player who will be leveling up a JK, Dps only, with the x12 xp boost until it ends (tomorrow for me) and got lvl 55 mirror classes on Imp side (mara/jugg) and will sometimes get the luxury to have my Rep irl sage healer friend at my back, and to protect. I'm going to be honest and say I am no pvp pro to swtor but not new either, did play many regs on my imp toons.

I do ask myself what others, especially healers in pvp would prefer have with them. It doesn't matter how I type and form this subject, you usually get the same replies, like:

# Play what you like and is most fun for you

- It's not about that in this case I really love em both, can play whatever but prefer focusing on one to 55 first atleast

# Roll X with Y spec, they own etc etc

- Sorry but not very helpful

All in all, for me/us it boils down which would just maybe help out better, both for my healer friend and/or my team. Some folks will say that burst is the key in pvp to bring marked targets (usually healers) down asap, what wins pvp, meaning sentinel. Some will say the taunts, extra CC will save your healer more or some occasional guard and more survival, so you can live longer until help arrives, meaning the Guardian but I must say imho sent has even more def CDs altho as we all know are squishier but maybe helps more to bring the better dps/burst then the taunt/cc :rolleyes:.

Sents used to have 6s interrupt, now it's 8s like guardian if I am not misstaken? Sents leap won't reset when using camo like it did be4, correct? I see guardians force push CD reduced timer, both have their standard interrupt and aoe mezz (Awe) and so on...

So in my/our situation, that I know to 100% that I will play a dps melee, a JK with my healer friend who sometimes will play along with me and really love both styles, what are you folks thinking? I know as always, again the fun factor will always win but in my case I can play both of these AC, just thinking what might be "better" for my friend/team. They both both their + and - just like all classes/specs do. Is one more considered to be more "solo friendly" without that pocket healer)?

Thanks a bunch for reading my book and I do apologize if I made this thread look "help me pic" which isn't really the case, me personally, I can just flip a coin and be 100% happy with the outcome. Best of regards! :D