The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will Ep VII bring an influx of new players to SWTOR?

GRIDBUG

Yes, I believe it will. I expect it already has. I personally came back to the game after 10 months away because of it. A friend of mine logged in today for the first time in 6 months and he's coming back to the game.

More players is always better.

You do know that Disney will probably shut SWTOR down when ep7 comes out and replace it with a kid-oriented MMO set during the new movies?

Disney gave Star Wars game rights to EA. This is an EA game. So, no. Besides, why would they have to shut this one down if they want to set up a kid's game in an entirely new/different era?

Edited by StarSquirrel

And if it does, will it be a good thing?

Yes and yes.

As with any mmo, there's always ebb and flow. You're seeing an influx of players lately due to the expansion that's about to hit. Within three to four months afterwards, you'll see a lot of players leaving, unless there's a plethora of more content on the way.

The closer that E7 gets to release, I have little doubt, you'll see more playing as well.

Edited by Pirana

Yes, there will be people coming to TOR, and I'm pretty confident they already are. Releasing Shadow of Revan around the premiere of the teaser was also a brilliant move (though I don't know if it was coincidence or plan).

And it is always a good thing when population gets larger in the game. Even on PvP servers ;).