The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Episode 7 lightsaber

JetSetter

0/10 would not use.

10/10 and I would DEFINITELY USE..

Beside.. I think you already stated your opinion in this thread already. Saying "it's **** and I won't use it bla bla bla" for 100th time won't make you any smarter. Arguments provided can do that on the other hand.

Truth.

Animations.. rofl. You can't bring any more trivial issue, can you? Somehow capes clipping through mounts doesn't bother you much yet such small thing would? Not to mention of several WAY MORE troubling animatios bugs that are present in the game atm. Don't get me wrong but that's just silly what you say. These crossguards could be so tiny that there is even no need to be bothered by side effect that is hardly noticeable.

Edited by Satelle

Animations.. rofl. You can't bring any more trivial issue, can you? Somehow capes clipping through mounts doesn't bother you much yet such small thing would? Not to mention of several WAY MORE troubling animatios bugs that are present in the game atm. Don't get me wrong but that's just silly what you say. These crossguards could be so tiny that there is even no need to be bothered by side effect that is hardly noticeable.

I can't talk for that_Spartan_IV, but capes clipping through mounts bothers me quite a bit. I practically never use capes partly because of this issue (many armors with capes also make very odd glitches in 'cinematics'), or I use mounts like the STAP so capes won't clip.

As for the amount of troubling animations bugs I know they exist, but I don't see that as an argument for introducing more of them.

Lastly you have the issue of size. The smaller your make the crossguards the less visible they will be, and IMO the main reason to use crossguards like that is intimidation. Of course the movie might reveal additional functionality, but atm I don't see what you get from lightsaber crossguards that you wouldn't get from metal crossguards like Malgus' saber.

So far it mainly reminds me of Eowyn vs the Witchking in the Return of the King film, where he uses a massive flail and you can see how it intimidates Eowyn.

Edited by MFollin

I would like to see it available in the game, however we currently don't know the full details about the new lightsaber. I suppose once the film is released and we know more about it, then they could add it in.

There's nothing that says (as of yet) that that type of lightsaber hasn't existed yet during this period so there's a chance it could still be seen in the game.

For now until then, they could also add this type of lightsaber into the game.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber