Now that x12 is just about over

Darth__Reaver

Only saw one or two people with similar numbers as me, which kind of surprises me. I played at a rather casual pace, too, enjoying seeing some class stories I haven't seen in 3 years. That said, I took all but one toon to Makeb at 47 so 7 toons still have their class stories left at just before or on Voss. Here are my numbers:

Before 12x I had 8 characters -- 1 for each base class: Sent, Van, Slinger, Sage; Sniper, Sorc, P-Tech, Jugg.

After 12x, I leveled 8 more toons, to pick up the remaining advanced classes: Guard, Commando, Scoundrel, Shadow; Op, Sin, Merc, Mara.

It was actually very cool finally having toons with stealth. It was like playing a new game.

Anyway, TL; DR: I started with 8 toons (one each base class), and levelled 8 more (to get every adv class) for a grand total of 16 toons at level 55.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved it.

I'd been thinking about giving SWTOR a go for quite a while, and this seemed like the perfect time to jump in, getting both expansions and some fast leveling to boot.

First thing that hit me with this game is the production values and the story telling.

The 12x allowed me to follow the main story and keep my interest in what was happening, and therefore kept me motivated to play. One of the biggest turn offs for me is compulsory side/grind questing, and this nullified that compulsion. I did do a few side quests when they intrigued me enough, but I felt as though I had the freedom to explore if I wanted to, and this made those quests much more enjoyable.

This in turn allowed me to try more classes in more depth than I otherwise would have with the same time investment. I should hopefully have a couple of 55s, with another 2-3 40ish characters as well, by the end of it. For someone starting less than a month ago, I feel well poised for the new release.

Maybe it's slightly too rewarding to be permanent, but I haven't enjoyed leveling in an MMO this much, since I first tried WoW all those years back. If there was some middle ground to be found for this to be ongoing I'd be all for it.

Good job Bioware :)

#newbfeedback

Wow, Hatross, awesome post from someone who just started the game. Good going!

I only run 12xXP for one month, since I play a lot with my husband and did not want to take away too much time from that (he is preferred, no 12xXP).

I leveled 4 characters I wanted to level to 55: Marauder, Inquisitor, Sniper and Trooper. I need to finish Voss & Corellia on the Trooper, but I am playing PvP non-stop atm to have as complete an Obroan for him, as I can manage, since I want to level him to 60 playing a lot of PvP. I am taking Monday off to make sure I have enough time to go through my Legacy and check that I utilized all the options that the 12xXP has to offer (free training, and that Obroan purchase).

For me 12xXP was a nice opportunity to go through the Imperial Class stories without having to do planetary quests.

I now have a pool of 6 characters on Level 55 to choose from to play end game content, and I have seen stories for 6 Classes out of 8. Right now I think 6 is actually too many, and do not plan to level any new characters, save for the ones I play with my husband.

I am going to try to designate a couple of Mains, an Imp and a Pub, to get into the L60 content. By the look of it, I will be doing PvP, rather than PvE. Once I am at 60 with those 2, I will look at the alts.

Edited by DomiSotto

Thank god too...

How many did you lvl to 55?

Did ranked rewards get in the way of lvling some of your alts?

Did some events that were thrown in distract you as well?

Are your eyes so burnt out from PVE that you cant even think about another class mission?

Have come to reality that you lvled so so many alts and now you need to lvl them again to 60?

Did it help you or did it hurt your experience with the game somehow?

I would like to know feedback on this pre order boost.

P.s. I'm just happy I got to see all class stories. It woulda taken me about 5 years to do them all since before the event I only had 2 lvl 55 bounty hunters.

My servers ranked Q never pops, ranked rewards are for the people that setup private matches. :rolleyes: