An in-depth look at combat: Inquisitor Jerec

Silenceo

4 lightsabers > 1 lightsaber. :rolleyes: Though it shouldn't be forgotten he was already a Kaleesh warlord before he became Dooku's apprentice. In pure lightsaber dueling, yes, he is superior. However, it is unlikely he would be able to actually defeat them easily due to their individual force abilities. I still find the thought of an invisible Pic attacking Grievous pretty hilarious. :p Though, it also would be hilarious for Grievous to fight maw due to the whole flight thing.

Ultimately I agree that Grievous has superior saber skill, but that is only half of the battle. :D The point I was trying to make with the apprentices is that Jerec was able to teach multiple styles of both force use and saber technique without interfering with his duties as an Inquisitor to multiple apprentices at the same time. All of which are slightly more powerful than average Jedi, but admittedly most less than Savage, Asajj or Grievous in saber skill. Granted, their force abilities are a bit more diverse.

I fully accept Grievous' limitations. In fact, I plan to abuse them in the Kaggath. :p

However, Dooku didn't just train people to use the lightsaber. He taught them the Force, Sith knowledge (when he wanted to), combat tactics, and lightsaber dueling. And the students he did train as a Sith all became very deadly fighters, Savage aside since he was trained by Maul.

I fully accept Grievous' limitations. In fact, I plan to abuse them in the Kaggath. :p

However, Dooku didn't just train people to use the lightsaber. He taught them the Force, Sith knowledge (when he wanted to), combat tactics, and lightsaber dueling. And the students he did train as a Sith all became very deadly fighters, Savage aside since he was trained by Maul.

True enough. Just... Don't you go underestimating Jerec and his apprentices... None of them fight like others people would encounter, except perhaps for Yun who had very little training. Each of them had some rather unique tricks up their sleeves. :D Anyways, go rest so you can look over the apprentice section and such. :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo

Hmm... Jerec's got some pretty good apprentices. I stand by my original statement, but I am impressed.

Sil, I don't know if you saw, but I do plan on making an addendum to my Dooku thread to incorporate your suggestions.

I saw, just didn't want to clutter. :d_wink:

OK, good.

On another note, Jerec will most definitely be in the next BattleZone series. All thanks to you, Silenceo. :)

All is proceeding as I have foreseen... :jawa_evil:

Its good that Jerec is finally getting some interest from others, I always thought it odd how much others dismissed him, despite his powerful showings... I am not saying he will WIN of course, just that it is good he will be discussed. :D

So, Beni... Does Aurbere get Jadus and I get my 6 Dark Jedi? :p C'mon, you know you want to! :jawa_evil:

Back on topic, care to elaborate Aurbere? *I want to see which parts you think to be impressive and such.*

Back on topic, care to elaborate Aurbere? *I want to see which parts you think to be impressive and such.*

I hate getting asked this question. It's all good. It made me appreciate the character more, and it gave me an easy access source to information on a character that I didn't pay much heed to.

That's my favorite prat of the thread, to be honest, just the fact that it exists.

I hate getting asked this question. It's all good. It made me appreciate the character more, and it gave me an easy access source to information on a character that I didn't pay much heed to.

That's my favorite prat of the thread, to be honest, just the fact that it exists.

Yet I always ask it. :p

As for the rest, fair enough. Just remember though that I lost the books so I was unable to perform direct quotes and such, most of it is from memory and Dark Forces II. Now, if only it could be done for Desann, who has many less feats... Though you remember that one feat of his I PM'd you a while ago I believe. :D *Or was that to someone else...*

I agree though that these threads are much easier to use than hunting through Kaggath posts and wiki pages. :D

No... :p

But really, I don't think any of Jerec's apprentices stand a chance against his superior saber skill.

I find it unlikely that Grievous would catch them off guard, meaning they would likely have a face to face confrontation. Grievous wasn't exactly the sneakiest lightsaber combatant. :p Not to mention all that horrid clanking!

Though, to be honest, I would rate all of Jerecs' apprentice *excluding Yun* > Ahsoka Tano. Which would give them plenty of time to do as they were taught, and use the force mid-combat often.

is what happens when Grievous faces offensive force powers. :p Gorc in fact favored that ability in combat. Edited by Silenceo

I find it unlikely that Grievous would catch them off guard, meaning they would likely have a face to face confrontation. Grievous wasn't exactly the sneakiest lightsaber combatant. :p Not to mention all that horrid clanking!

Though, to be honest, I would rate all of Jerecs' apprentice *excluding Yun* > Ahsoka Tano. Which would give them plenty of time to do as they were taught, and use the force mid-combat often.

is what happens when Grievous faces offensive force powers. :p Gorc in fact favored that ability in combat.
Grievous can be
:p

Bah! That's what the magnaguards are for!

Yet I always ask it. :p

As for the rest, fair enough. Just remember though that I lost the books so I was unable to perform direct quotes and such, most of it is from memory and Dark Forces II. Now, if only it could be done for Desann, who has many less feats... Though you remember that one feat of his I PM'd you a while ago I believe. :D *Or was that to someone else...*

I agree though that these threads are much easier to use than hunting through Kaggath posts and wiki pages. :D

We really should do more of these.

Grievous can be
:p

Bah! That's what the magnaguards are for!

Play it from the beginning, note those very loud noises. :p

As for being taught to take Jedi by surprise, he doesn't really seem to kill Jedi even when he takes them by surprise. Usually it is after a decent duel that he kills them off, even the ones we all know he could had defeated faster. I think this has to do with his Kaleesh mind set and worthy fights and such, probably not too keen on killing worthy Jedi opponents without a fight. Or some such.

As for the Magnaguards, I never said he didn't cheat. :rolleyes:

Side Note: Also, no chance he could defeat Jerec. Force Stun, Destruction, Rage *waves of anger*, Lightning and ect would just decimate Grievous because to Jerec saber duels are not fought only with a lightsaber, but with the force as well.

Edited by Silenceo