Help...How do I?

Jedi-Sky-Seer

To actually "make" them you'll need the proper crafting skills at the proper level - Cybertech for armorings and mods, and Artifice for Enhancements (and lightsaber hilts).

So you'll need to take say, Cybertech as your crafting skill and get it levelled up in order to make level 30 mods. If you haven't done that yet, your best bet is to buy them off the GTN, or use planetary comms to buy blue items from the planetary vendors, or you can buy green items from a vendor on a planet with credits..

Help please..does anyone know or can tell me. Step by step..How do i make level 30 mods. I know in a few

weeks they will be crap..but i figure now is the time to find out how. Do i buy somethings..talk to a guy name Vic.

in the alley way..how do you make them??

thanks

1. Grab cybertech as a crafting skill;

2. Get the low level schematics from the cybertech NPC on fleet;

3. Craft items to level your cybertech skill to ~180, updating the items crafted every 20 levels;

4. When cybertech is at approx 160/180, you can buy the green level 30 mod schematics from the cybertech NPC;

5. Craft a few green mods, and once they're complete, reverse engineer them with hope of learning the blue quality schematic; Repeat with blue quality items to learn the purple quality schematic;

Sorry i didnt make myself more clear..i ment level 30 mods with a rating of 162.. i have cybertech now and am max

level 450. So do i just keep making green them blue them purple and see if i can get a mod with 162 rating???

or something else...what color comes after purple?

That's generally known as "grade 30", not "level 30". To get grade 30 schematics, you have to purchase items with those mods in them, extract the mod, reverse engineer it and hope for success. The standard 20% chance for getting a schematic applies; on average you should get it with five attempts, but if you're unlucky, it might take 10, 20 or even more attempts.

After you've obtained the schematic, you need the appropriate materials to craft it. For a grade 30 schematic, you need (IIRC) 1 Mass Manipulation Generator and 5 Exotic Element Equalizers, plus some grade 9 stuff that's easy to acquire. MMGs and EEEs drop from level 55 operations. EEEs also drop from the final boss of level 55 hardmode flashpoints. Or you can buy them off the GTN for a few hundred thousand credits.

In general, attempting to acquire endgame schematics is inadvisable. The investment in time, credits and/or commendations is considerable and it will take a good while before you can start making any kind of profit. If a gear upgrade has left you with outdated mods though, you might as well try your luck reverse engineering those.

I read it the same way as LadyVix and JediQuaker at first. It took a moment to realize you meant " name of item is ___ Mod 30", not "item is a mod for level 30".

Anyway, the highest rating that you can craft from the conveniently provided schematics at the crafting trainers is 156 (which would be the purple quality of the ___ Mod 28). As I understand it (haven't done this myself), to get any higher than that (until we see something higher added to the trainers in or after 3.0) you must get it from drops in operations and reverse engineer it for a chance to learn the schematic.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho