Is bigger really better? (For shields, at least)

btbarrett

That being said, Turbo + Directional is still great for satellite defense, as usually in those cases you keep shields balanced while you use the satellite for brief bursts of of sight.

I used turbo plus distortion field and power dive on my type 2 scouts for many months. So much damage on the satellite is predictable and controllable using that build. Too bad it is a liability in total death match and I had to give it up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's been confirmed that arcs each have their own regen delay counter?

i.e. If I'm not using Directional or Turbo, and I get hit on the front shields at T=0s and I get hit on the rear shields at T=2s, my front shields will begin regenerating at T=6s and my rear shields will begin regenerating at T=8s?

Yep this is exactly how shield regeneration delay works, both arcs have their own delay.

So with Directionals (ignoring Turbo for the moment), if I get my front shields hit, I want to balance shields in order to allow rear shields to regenerate (which begins immediately since they haven't been hit within the last 3 seconds). Then I recycle to front when I need them again.

Yep optimal play is to recycle to let your rear shields regenerate while your front ones are still on delay.

Doesn't really change my playstyle any, since I was already fighting with front, setting to balanced to regen (since two regenerating arcs is faster than one). This just means that's even more effective than I previously thought, because the back arc begins regenerating immediately. And that means that Turbo + Directional is slightly less good for jousting.

That being said, Turbo + Directional is still great for satellite defense, as usually in those cases you keep shields balanced while you use the satellite for brief bursts of of sight.

Ya I mean Turbo is still useful, especially when being attack from both sides, because they are putting both arcs on delay. All I was trying to show is that in my eyes Large is superior in way more instances and that you can do some really cool rear arc regeneration tricks with Directionals.