New gore idea

Frenesi

Just watched the stream. 3 seconds of gore is just terrible - one small mistake and you loose an entire abilitie.

It's clear that devs want gore to cover no more then 2 GCD. i will not argue if this is good or bad, since i'm not deep into math on damage.

idea is - make Gore generate 2 charges of armor ignore, consumed by any skill you use afterwards. Ravage consumes 2 charges. While keeping intentional effect of nerf (2 GCD) it will neglect lag problems and make gore more useful in knockback situations. Couse in current state of 3.0 knockback blocks gore completely

Edited by Frenesi

Guys lets just face the true, and isn't panicking, combat/ carnage its dead on 3.0.

Gore not doing damage, and even less duration?

Serious this are just stupid, but what can we expect from devs who not even use correct saber stance on disciplines?:p

The best pvp spec is going by smash, and anni will handle something, or then just roll jugg, sorc, annything will be better..... since 2.0 they messed on carnage and they never knew how to fix it.. They will most likely spend next 6 months or more fixing the mistakes they are doing know...

The fact is in PvP you were lucky to get more than 1 attack in Gore anyway.

For PvE purposes, the shorter gore reduces the burst capabilities, while all the improvements to Rage management (e.g. Massacre being cheaper under Berserk, DST generating rage) keep the sustained damage high.

Combine that with all the alacrity changes, and you should still consistantly get 2+ attacks under gore. I'm half expecting people to gear with enough alacrity to fit 3 in normally, and a Ravage + 2 other during Berserk

3 sec Gore/Precision would ruin the spec play style as it stands in 2.10 right now. The Devs stated that the classes were intended to play very closely to the way they play now in 2.10 when 3.0 drops. Fact is with a 3 sec Gore/Precision ON the GCD that leaves you at a baseline of 2 secs excluding the 1 sec GCD time. My issue with that is even with a 30 stack and using Zen/Berserk Master Strike/Ravage only channels at 2.3 secs. That's not even enough time to fit into the new window. Furthermore, i'm extremely confused by the fact that yesterday (20 Nov) they released a blog on Sentinel changes and specifically say that Precision is a 6 sec window up from the current 4.5 sec window (Link to Blog). Yet today we all saw it at 3 sec. So Devs if you happen to fall on this post can you please clear up which it will be?

With alacrity from gear, we should still be able to get 3 attacks under Gore, or Ravage +1. Assuming that the stat curve for alacrity is not too high.

When Berserk is active, it should mean an additional attack in the gore window.

alacrity on gear? and how much? at the coast of alot dps loos mate, initialy i was planning on 70% surge and 5% alacrity, even with zen berserk that will not be enough to compensate this nerf

Edited by Zez-Kai-Ell

3 sec Gore/Precision would ruin the spec play style as it stands in 2.10 right now. The Devs stated that the classes were intended to play very closely to the way they play now in 2.10 when 3.0 drops. Fact is with a 3 sec Gore/Precision ON the GCD that leaves you at a baseline of 2 secs excluding the 1 sec GCD time. My issue with that is even with a 30 stack and using Zen/Berserk Master Strike/Ravage only channels at 2.3 secs. That's not even enough time to fit into the new window. Furthermore, i'm extremely confused by the fact that yesterday (20 Nov) they released a blog on Sentinel changes and specifically say that Precision is a 6 sec window up from the current 4.5 sec window (Link to Blog). Yet today we all saw it at 3 sec. So Devs if you happen to fall on this post can you please clear up which it will be?

They have stated that the dev blogs were written before the Closed PTS went up, and changes that have happened since then are due to player feedback.

Combat pre 2.0 was more superior than now, only good things that came in 2.0 was saber screen, dont you recall they once stated: since skill that increase ataru crit bonus damage wasnt working they instead fix they just removed that part.... Combat as it is now is better than 3.0, and go figure why they cant do a simple thing like: precision slash on cd? then ataru dont reset, if is on cd then reset, is a simple thing on condition, like an excel formula...

You can clip MS/Ravage at 2.1 seconds and still get the last tick, leaving you with 0.9 seconds to activate another ability. This however is raising the bar when it comes to skill needed to play the spec.

alacrity on gear? and how much? at the coast of alot dps loos mate, initialy i was planning on 70% surge and 5% alacrity, even with zen berserk that will not be enough to compensate this nerf

you get a passive 3% alacrity from Ataru form now and with the 30% from zen it's more then enough with how the changes to alacrity work now.

With the new gear stats it will be more like 70% surge and 9% alacrity if you include the 3% from ataru form. I'm also interested to see if the zen alacrity boost will reduce cooldowns while active and by how much.

Edited by Vodrin