Newly Back in SWTOR: Planetary Commendation changes with Revan Expansion

Sharzade

I'm having a good time in game, since returning this month for Revan and the x12 XP. :)

I'm trying to follow some of the coming changes coming with the Revan expansion. The only commendations I have on my character are Planetary and they seem to cap at 100 in the currency window. My question is: am I better off using my planetary commendations for the highest level planetary vendor gear I can afford before the Revan changes happen? Or should I just collect the commendations and let them convert into Basics? I'm thinking that current planetary commendation value and the potency of the currently available planetary commendation PVE gear may be better now (pre-Revan), and that the Basics might have less buying power for weaker gear. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I don't want to end up wishing I'd bought better commendation PVE gear before the changes arrive. Advice would be helpful.

Edited by Sharzade

Thanks, I won't spend them since the gear quality will be good. I'm trying to get as much questing done as possible before the expansion arrives so I'll have even more commendations to convert to basics by then. :) Edited by Sharzade

186 really? 186 are from nightmare modes currently i dont think they'd let us get 186 gear that easily even after the expansion

186 is the entry gear level for the new Ops. Originally, Basic Comms gave you 156 (later upped to 162). 156 was entry level gear for TfB, S&V and DF SM. Therefore, Basic Comms in 3.0 must award 186 to make sense. Besides, pretty sure it was confirmed on a livestream or such.

They've also said, something along the lines of, that all PVE gear in the game will move to a different vendor. Elite and Ultimate could in that way move to Basic to make room for new level gear at Elite and Ultimate levels. They could even move Planetary level gear to the Basic vendor. But if all gear is moving, Basic gear would have to move somewhere else. So we'll see what happens.

well its kinda clear said there

Note: This is not a downgrade in terms of what you can purchase, as Basic comms will be buying the same or better gear in 3.0 as Ultimate comms currently purchase.

The new tiers will therefore be:

Basic - leveling gear and entry level 60 gear. (180? 186? Specific level not yet confirmed.)

Elite - 192 gear (specific level not confirmed)

Ultimate - 196 gear (specific level not confirmed)

if it will confirm ofc. but it seems very likely

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.