The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AOE taunt needs to be fixed!

bigsexee

We have the WORST AOE taunt in the game because it is a missile.

I was just in pvp and targeted a sniper with 3 guys around him....I fire missile...he rolls...the AOE taunt hits ONE GUY.

With 3.0 our chaff flare is gone and threat drop will be "aoe taunt" I get it this makes it fair like the other class's BUT ITS NOT FAIR because its still a stupid missile.

How is this going 2 work in pve if I threat drop "aoe taunt" the boss but adds are not in range will it only threat drop off the boss?

I find Sonic Missile to be the BEST AOE taunt in the game, and now the best De-taunt in the game, a Ranged AOE Taunt? that's pretty useful! a Ranged De-taunt, that's damn near broken! Your complaining about 1 situation, that was your own fault for doing.

^ this honestly. You can taunt people away from the fight which is very counterintuitive for the enemy

It has more than 1 downfall...in fact both our taunts do....its the ONLY taunt in the game with a travel time...In pve if a dps or healer is getting beat down and you taunt with ANY other class in the game it turns and targets you....BUT NOT OURS we have 2 wait for the taunt 2 get 2 the guy....

I listed ONE example that does not mean their are not lots of other negatives

It has more than 1 downfall...in fact both our taunts do....its the ONLY taunt in the game with a travel time...In pve if a dps or healer is getting beat down and you taunt with ANY other class in the game it turns and targets you....BUT NOT OURS we have 2 wait for the taunt 2 get 2 the guy....

I listed ONE example that does not mean their are not lots of other negatives

actually, Neural Dart/Insert Vanguard SST Name Here has about a 0.2 second travel time. but, it's also the price to pay for having the range. It would be OP if it didnt have a travel time...

actually, Neural Dart/Insert Vanguard SST Name Here has about a 0.2 second travel time. but, it's also the price to pay for having the range. It would be OP if it didnt have a travel time...

Other class's can still taunt from range....again its still a downside because of the travel time....and the time depends how far away they are, and even 0.2 seconds can be the difference in a win or death in pve and pvp (Nightmare mode in pve for sure)