SW Marauder Anni Build

bleenX

here are a couple specs that I found but it sounds like it will depend on how the bleed damage works as to weather annih or carnage are better

carnage

http://db.darthhater.com/talents/sith_warrior/marauder/#::f14e2f3e2fe3fefe5fe5f6ef4ef8

annihilation

http://db.darthhater.com/talents/sith_warrior/marauder/#::e3fe4fe4fe3fe2f3ef8ef17df8

... ahh fresh forums... time to start theory crafting

Couple questions for the OP...

Why would you not take Empowerment, and why would you not take short fuse? Building Fury and Rage are huge, especially for an anni spec marauder. (Annihilate is 5 rage). That and berserk makes all of your dots crit, so you want to build Fury as fast as possible.

I will be using only 1 of 2 possible builds at launch for PVE dps.

1. 31/10/0

This gives you enraged charge, so charge will give 4 rage instead of 3. This also gives you an interrupt on a 6 second cd, as well as 45 second Obfuscate.

If, and only if empowerment procs are extremely reliable, I would take the points out of enraged charged and build up to brutality for this build:

2. 31/3/7

15% crit on Viscous Slash sounds really sexy, but empowerment would have to make it worth losing enraged charge.

For PvE, I am personally going for something more like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhGZb.1

Maybe swapping the two points in Phantom for Subjugation

This has points in the two rage and fury builders that you skipped, and nothing in Seeping Wound (A PvP skill).

For the secondary tree, speccing more into Carnage seems better in my opinion (at least for PvE).

The Accuracy bonus looks very attractive, hence the points in Defensive forms to get to it, though that'll most likely be a nice bonus by itself anyway.

Force Choke is not really an Annhi skill, and whilst the lower cd on Ravage would be nice (nicer for PvP) 3 seconds off of 30 is not worth the points over increased critical chance imo.

As for not going further into Rage over Carnage, Unleash has a huge cooldown, so whilst that 10% heal might look attractive, it really isn't. Force Alacrity and Enraged Scream are irrelevant for Annhi and though the huge boost to Vicious Slash's critical chance does look very tempting, I can't bring myself to spec out of the 3% accuracy just for that.

Couple questions for the OP...

Why would you not take Empowerment, and why would you not take short fuse? Building Fury and Rage are huge, especially for an anni spec marauder. (Annihilate is 5 rage). That and berserk makes all of your dots crit, so you want to build Fury as fast as possible.

I will be using only 1 of 2 possible builds at launch for PVE dps.

1. 31/10/0

This gives you enraged charge, so charge will give 4 rage instead of 3. This also gives you an interrupt on a 6 second cd, as well as 45 second Obfuscate.

If, and only if empowerment procs are extremely reliable, I would take the points out of enraged charged and build up to brutality for this build:

2. 31/3/7

15% crit on Viscous Slash sounds really sexy, but empowerment would have to make it worth losing enraged charge.

thank you i'll make some changes to my pve build now:)

and what anni build you would suggest for pvp?:)

My Annihilation PVE build.

Phantom was chosen for its added utility to Force Camouflage, and the fact that Predation speed boost for 1 person only isn't all that useful. As far as against the other 3 options for the 2 points needed to reach the next tier, all of them are more PVP oriented than PVE oriented, and can't really beat the damage immunity effect.

My Carnage PVE build.

Enraged Charge and Erupting Fury was chosen for increased damage potential, especially if the fight is movement heavy or have many adds that spawn. Unbound can be switched for Defensive Roll or Cloak of Carnage, all three of them are about equal in PVE utility in my opinion. Overwhelm was ignored because of lack of utility. Hungering was chosen over all other talents for the final 2 points for some added survivability along with easing the healer's burden slightly.

thank you i'll make some changes to my pve build now:)

and what anni build you would suggest for pvp?:)

One of the pve builds I posted should still be good for pvp as Annihilation has quite a bit of pvp utility, but if you wanted to optimize it perhaps something like this would be good.

35/4/2

This build makes it so that retaliate eats away the cd of cloak of pain, as well as giving you an extra second of immobilize on your charge. You can choose as to whether the run speed from predation or the damage redux from phantom is more worth 2 points to you. Seeping wounds is worthless imo since you get a 50% snare skill that costs only 2 rage with no cooldown anyway.

For PvE, I am personally going for something more like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRr****zZhGZb.1

Force Choke is not really an Annhi skill, and whilst the lower cd on Ravage would be nice (nicer for PvP) 3 seconds off of 30 is not worth the points over increased critical chance imo.

Force Choke will be largely used in Annihilation. There's an ability called Inescapable Torment that makes the next 5 ticks of your bleed effects do 30% more damage while Force Choke is being channeled. So you get the large damage from Choke, as well as the additional damage from the added effect. Speccing into reducing the cooldown for Force Choke may very well be worth it.

Edited by Addia

Force Choke will be largely used in Annihilation. There's an ability called Inescapable Torment that makes the next 5 ticks of your bleed effects do 30% more damage while Force Choke is being channeled. So you get the large damage from Choke, as well as the additional damage from the added effect. Speccing into reducing the cooldown for Force Choke may very well be worth it.

i dont know where youve seen this ability mabe i'm blind

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.