The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More Customization Options for ALL Species

Jowain

I love this game, I like it alot. Hence it pains me so much to see the Character Creation being so lacking in many aspects, what irritates me to no end is to encounter NPCs in the game that have unique combinations of tattoos, scars, complexion, hair, piercings etc etc.

Let me give a small list of what I would want to see being added to the Cartel Markets as unlocks, just like the ones given to Chiss, Mirialan and Humans. *ahem*

Age Complexions and Face Models - These are complexions that we've seen on certain characters in game, it adds wrinkles and makes their faces look worn down by age. Now why shouldn't something like this be allowed as a customization for the players? As I'm on the Ebon Hawk, a RP server, I often meet characters that are described as 50-80 years of age, but all look like in their 20s. I want to be able to RP as an really old wise Jedi Master or Bounty Hunter that made it through all the dangers of his job. Or an old grizzled war veteran. Or heck, why not a Sith Lord, so good at what he does, he's lived well into old age.

And this shouldn't be limited to Human Species, let every species have these Complexion/Faces.

Extreme Dark Side Comlexion/Face/Eyes - Remember Darth Malgus? Darth Zash? A few other scary Sith? Why do they get this wicked looking face, but no matter how evil I am, all I'm getting is pale skin, veins and red eyes? That's still cool, but nothing says "I am one with the Dark Side" quite as much as the appearance of these characters and there should be an option to have these complexions, faces or eyes.

Sith Pureblood Face - I am speaking of a specific face used by the likes of Horak Mul and Paladius, a face that blends the spikey eyebrows of one of the selectable faces with another one and gives them some pretty cool looking jewelry on the tentacle beard/moustache. Do you realize how frustrated I am over knowing that this is a face being kept away from the players, on a species that is already fairly limited?

Unique Species Cybernetics or All Species Cyborgs - I'm with the train that thinks the Cyborg species is a pretty useless one, as it's just the human one again with metal stuck on their faces.

I propose that either there are Cybernetics unique to the existing species or that all species are added to the Cyborg species, heck they could even be an unlock, say you unlock a Sith Pureblood, well now you can create a Cyborg Sith Pureblood.

And don't say it can't be done, Officer Manus is a Chiss with cybernetics.

Species Unique Tattoos/Hairs/Jewelry/Comsmetics - Goes without saying, there needs to be more of this, either unique to a select species, or available to all, it would be so cool to have tattoos specific for Sith Purebloods, or let them have the already existing tattoos of the Human Sith Warriors, the Slave Markings didn't make much sense to me either, why can't other Species have them?

Already Existing Cartel Market Hairstyles Given to Humans Should Be Given to ALL Species - A little glitch/bug I encountered while using one of the Kiosks, the customizations didn't work, it just gave me an error message and did not apply the changes I made to my Chiss character, but I'll post this collection of pictures for all to see.

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/pic_full/1414626981_SWTOR-Customization.jpg

Feel free to rage, feel free to rage.

And that's just some of the things I think should be done with the current customization options, most aren't even suggested new things, but old things already existing in the game that we simply can't select, on the whole maybe it shouldn't even be in the Cartel Market Suggestions category, but that's the only way I can see any of this being added to the game, if I am willing to pay for it.

You hear me Bioware!? I am willing to PAY for more customization options! I am willing to PAY to make my Sith Pureblood a really wrinkled being of hideous evil with unique cybernetics and Horak Muls face and jewelry!

And I'm not the only one, so please, just let us make the characters we want to make!

Edited by Jowain

But they would rather spend 45 minutes to make a crappy jarael tunic that female characters buttcheeks stick out of (we wont even go into the "at attention" bulge for both genders) then spend hours giving us new customizations :p Edited by XiamaraSimi

But they would rather spend 45 minutes to make a crappy jarael tunic that female characters buttcheeks stick out of (we wont even go into the "at attention" bulge for both genders) then spend hours giving us new customizations :p

But most items here aren't even new, much of this is already in the game, just not available to players, which a is really pointless thing to do.

It would take less than 10 minutes or less for one of the devs to allow Horak Muls face unto the Sith Species, same for most other presets.

I'm basically giving them cheap ways to make more money at minimum effort :/

• 3 weeks later...
I really really really want Twi'lek females to have seperate sliders for Lekku pattern, cosmetics, and eyebrows and not all thrown onto 1 slider

Twi'lek don't actually have eyebrows, those are just markings, but the point, I completely agree with.

And more markings would be great. Maybe even a tattoo color option for the light Nd dark differences? I find that some of the paler tattoos look like they would be really cool if they were darker for the contrast, or vise versa.

• 3 weeks later...
Twi'lek don't actually have eyebrows, those are just markings, but the point, I completely agree with.

And more markings would be great. Maybe even a tattoo color option for the light Nd dark differences? I find that some of the paler tattoos look like they would be really cool if they were darker for the contrast, or vise versa.

Female Twi'Leks do have eyebrows - but male Twi'Leks don't (as I've seen in many pictures, prior to this game).

The eyebrow style is connected to the Complexion slider, I've noticed. But yeah, there needs to be a separate slider for the Cosmetics and Lekku Patterns. STAR WARS Galaxies and STAR WARS: Clone Wars Adventures had them separate. It should be possible to make them be separate on here, too. And then add a Lekku Decoration slider (for female Twi'Lek characters, at least) - which would include different colors of Lekku (leather-like) wraps, and Lekku jewelry (silver or gold) wrap-bands. Also, some new options in the Headbands slider would be nice sometime.

Edited by SWLoveAngel

• 1 year later...

Already Existing Cartel Market Hairstyles Given to Humans Should Be Given to ALL Species - A little glitch/bug I encountered while using one of the Kiosks, the customizations didn't work, it just gave me an error message and did not apply the changes I made to my Chiss character, but I'll post this collection of pictures for all to see.

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/pic_full/1414626981_SWTOR-Customization.jpg

I agree with the op.....especially the hairs. I went to make a Mirialan female and was disappointed to discover the long braid from the Cartel was not available, even though I could preview it. Why? Clipping? One of the best looking female hairs in the game, and it is only available on one species? Just annoying.

Game's pushing 5 year anniversary in 2016. It's about damn time character customization got seriously expanded. Particularly next to Arcann/Valkorion/Vailyn/Koth/Senya the difference in quality and detail is very noticeable. Old textures/hairstyles should be carefully updated along with new options introduced. Edited by Pietrastor

Fullbody tattooes for Zabrak's needs to be on this list. Its very jaring that they have no markings on their bodys, and it would be a really simple thing to do, Its just adding a new texture layer.

It could even be done as a skin tone option, currently imp-zabraks have 14 skin tone choices.. except they don't, they have seven, because options 8-14 are just identicle copys of 1-7, they could make 8-14 tattoo covered alternatives very easilly.

Edited by Julian_Kanzuki
typos