The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Energy Rebounder/Reflexive Shield in 3.0

Sindariel

So, why do Mercs/Mandos get Energy Rebounder/Reflexive Shield as a class wide utility skill, while the exact same talent is still fixed in the middle for PTs/Vanguards?

This feels very uneven.

Talent description for people who don't know:

Energy Rebounder:

"When you take damage, you have [50 / 100]% chance to reduce the active cooldown of Energy Shield by [1.5 / 3] seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. In addition, when taking damage, you have a [10 / 20]% chance to emit an Energy Redoubt, which absorbs a low amount of damage and lasts 6 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds."

Because Vanguards/Pts can be played as a Tank. Not saying Vanguard/Pt-Tanks have too much defensive Cooldowns ;) but it feels a little bit OP to have a 25% dmg-reduction ready every 40 seconds on a tank.

Of course this talent will be a huge buff for Commando/Merc-Healers too but lets stay realistic: They really needed some love...

Edit: I'm talking about PVP.

Edited by Drunken-Monkey

Because Vanguards/Pts can be played as a Tank. Not saying Vanguard/Pt-Tanks have too much defensive Cooldowns ;) but it feels a little bit OP to have a 25% dmg-reduction ready every 40 seconds on a tank.

Of course this talent will be a huge buff for Commando/Merc-Healers too but lets stay realistic: They really needed some love...

Edit: I'm talking about PVP.

Every 40 seconds is a bit overexeggerated. Even as a tank, you don't take damage that often to reduce the cooldown this much.

And I wouldn't call it OP, if you compare it with the amount of defensive abilities that the other tanking classes have.

Every 40 seconds is a bit overexeggerated. Even as a tank, you don't take damage that often to reduce the cooldown this much.

And I wouldn't call it OP, if you compare it with the amount of defensive abilities that the other tanking classes have.

um, taking damage every GCD is 40 seconds. In pve you bet a main tank gets attacked every gcd

with a half decent healer and as a decent player, anyone can stay alive for 40 seconds

he's not exaggerating unless you die a lot or you're slaughtering the other team in 10 seconds

It's been a dream of mine to have that skill as a tank.

Bioware's crushing my dreams. ;~;

Aww, don't be sad...

Instead of that you get fu**ing, fancy new animations for the tank-speccs. Ion Storm and Firestorm are looking AWESOME ;)

Well, a proper tank/heal combo can be VERY durable in a warzone. And in a fight the tank is always, where the dmg is (besides he is guarding a node or something like that), so the shield talent would be triggered constantly.

As i mentioned before: I'm not saying the Vanguard/Pt-Tank couldn't use a new defensive cooldown, but that talent would be a little bit over the top imho.

I think there's another problem with tanks, namely the lack of resistance against all the easymode dot-speccs in the game. It laughable how easy you can burn a tank with balance/madness, dirty fighting/lethality for example.

I think there's another problem with tanks, namely the lack of resistance against all the easymode dot-speccs in the game. It laughable how easy you can burn a tank with balance/madness, dirty fighting/lethality for example.

Not if you got a good healer on your team.