Juggernaut dps with tank gear

Rorgarn

Your damage will be noticeably lower. I'm dps geared in tank spec and my abilities hit just as hard as they did in vengeance. vengeance just had lower cooldowns. That tells me a large part of are damage is tied to stats rather than the tree (while a huge part of our survivability is tied to the tree) Edited by Noth

You are wrong, while vicious slash may do roughly the same damage, the differences are attacking forms and new attacks like shatter and impale.

these attacks all hit for roughly the same amount for me no matter the spec: Smash (outside of the rage smash build), Viscous slash, scream. Then crushing blow often hits harder than impale many times. Shatter has no equivalent but only hits hard if it runs it's full course. the loss in damage is actually pretty low in pvp and solo leveling pve (raid pve is different as the fights will last much longer). Lower cooldown in vengeance is the biggest reason for a bit higher dps.

Our defensive ability is tied heavily to talents, while our dps ability is tied to heavily to gear.

Have you actually checked before posting?

I can switch between Soresu and Shien - and instantly feel the difference, and I actually using both forms.

Also you are forgetting cooldowns you can Sundering assualt + Shatter + Imaple + Force Scream(crit) and repeat (Ravage, Smash somewhere inside), you can't get the same DPS in tanking tree, even close.

Talents provide Rage to use for Vengeance, Defensive abilities for Immortal and crit chance for Rage tree.

Have you actually checked before posting?

I can switch between Soresu and Shien - and instantly feel the difference, and I actually using both forms.

Also you are forgetting cooldowns you can Sundering assualt + Shatter + Imaple + Force Scream(crit) and repeat (Ravage, Smash somewhere inside), you can't get the same DPS in tanking tree, even close.

Talents provide Rage to use for Vengeance, Defensive abilities for Immortal and crit chance for Rage tree.

Actually I mention cooldowns in both my posts. And yes I have checked. Just today I switched between both vengeance and immortal. Same dps gear on both, both using Quin. The dps was so close it took maybe a second more to down a pve mob (time lengthened if it was an elite due to it being lower dps) or a player in pvp. Yet I was extremely survivable in both pve and pvp as immortal, but vengeance left me feeling like a clothy. Also I never said same dps, I said little dps loss, which is true everywhere but raid content. I even did a level 50 flashpoint as immortal in shii-cho stance (so I wouldn't pull threat from the tank) and kept up with the other dps in killing speed on trash.

Edited by Noth

Well Shien alone does +12% damage increase, so even apart from things like free Smash I find you words very strange.

During beta I played Jedi Guardian in defense tree and often found myself reverting to basic rage builders, never had such an issue in Vengeance, so your experience is completely out of sync with my experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Well Shien alone does +12% damage increase, so even apart from things like free Smash I find you words very strange.

During beta I played Jedi Guardian in defense tree and often found myself reverting to basic rage builders, never had such an issue in Vengeance, so your experience is completely out of sync with my experience.

I agree I played in Beta both Immortal/Vengeance and that was not my experience either.