The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens

Varium

I have no feeling on this one way or the other right now. I remember when the titles for Episode I and Episode II were released most fans thought they were fake, particularly Episode II.

I'll need to see how it relates to the story before I judge.

Edited by CaulderBenson

The Force Awakens... The Force Awakens? What the heck is that supposed to mean? The other movies never gave the impression that the Force was in a state of slumber.

People must be very shallow-minded to think of a literal awakening.

The force awakens pretty much exposes what everyone already secretly hoped for - the jedi/sith/force users are back in the galaxy. The old religion is reborn in some way. We are likely to see lightsabers in use not at the final 10 minutes of movie time.

For f**ks sake even Return of the Jedi already gave us an idea that the force users might get important in the galaxy once again. It is a great title.

You know what is not a great title? Attack of the clones! I still remember I did not watch any trailers or spoilers and when I went to the cinema I had an expectation for a army of clones to attack the republic and the jedi.

I feel like The Force Awakens is just a weak title, I don't maybe its because its new, but then again I don't recall that every being the case when other movies titles were revealed to me, this one just seems a bit clunky.

Also I must admit Aurbere has a point, sure its not a literal awakening, but its not as if a. the Force has been asleep, b. the Force has never been awakened before i.e. therefore it should read "The Force Reawakens".

Yes, I'm being pedantic and yes that is an even worse title, but it just adds to the general clunkiness.

I liked the title. "The Force Reawakens," not so much. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie a year from now.
Actually now I read it, I actually prefer "The Force Reawakens"

But again it still doesn't make sense, the light side is just one aspect of the Force.

Perhaps the details of the film however will shine light on this.

After letting it digest over the last few hours and not being able to pin point it, it sounds to Star Trek'ian to me.

It really doesn't matter in the end though, hell, Attack of the Clones was a running joke on Jim Rome's radio program for months, and that movie turned out okay. Well...

It'll be fine.