C2-N2 voice actor?

dcpDarkMatter

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, it's definitely Andrew Robinson (Garak from DS9). I have watched that series through 13 times and I know his voice. I stuck a sample of both into goldwave and looked at the frequency peaks - they match.

It's Andrew Robinson.

How come they won't credit the voice actors? That seems very strange to me.

So you didn't much like C-3P0 either I take it.

It's more that C2 just will not shut up when you're inside the Consular's ship. Even if he's been sent away on a mission - there he is yammering at you every time you go near the stairway.

Love the voice acting - but I hate the design choice of him being so chatty. (Fortunately, if you drag him along while questing he never says a word.)

It's more that C2 just will not shut up when you're inside the Consular's ship. Even if he's been sent away on a mission - there he is yammering at you every time you go near the stairway.

Yes he is a brown nosing MF.

The sentence structure and voice acting reminds me of Elim Garak from DS9. The pitch is to high though, but close.

He also brown nosed a lot to position himself where he wanted.

So you didn't much like C-3P0 either I take it.

C3-P0 had great lines, and the comedic timing of them in the movies were well placed. C2-N2 is an annoying ninny that needs to end up in the scrap heap.

Edited by Tahana

*Ahem*

From IMDB's list, it's one of these two fellows. they are both listed beside the various characters listed, including "protocol droid", which is the voice C2-N2 shares with other "protocol droids" you run into in the game.

Alec Newman ... (voice)

Alex Fernandez ... (voice)

Dr. Addy Ingrol / Droid Dr Rep Vendor / Droid Male Assassin Republic / Droid Trainer Republic / Harvester 2 / Mandalorian / Mandalorian 1 / Medic / Militia / NK-33 Droid / Officer / P-2XN / Patron 2 / Pilot / Prison Guard / Prisoner - Killer Kateo / Protocol Droid / Reactor Vault Interface / Refugee 2 / Republic Shuttle Pilot / Republic Squad Leader / Republic Ambassador / Republic Officer / Republic Prisoner / Republic Soldier 1 / Republic Trooper 2 / Resistance Prisoner / Retrieval Sargeant / Rickard Organa / Scientist 1 / Scorpio / Senator Sydia Bodyguard / Sernipidal Colonist / Settler 1 / Shar-Da / Shuttle Operator / Sith Acolyte / Slave 2 / Slicer 2 / Smuggler / Soldier 1 / Soldier 2 / Spaceport Official / Stranded Soldier / Third Voss Commando / Transport Driver / Trobec / Velan-Raz / Velasu Graege / Viray

Edit: What's really cool is the voice of The Emperor is Doug Bradley, a.k.a. "Pinhead" from the Hellraiser movies.

Edited by Zorvan

Its Andrew Robinson (Garak DS9) without doubt. When he talks to you while on the ship, his voice has a metallic sound to it, so its harder to notice. But when you are out running around and you send him on a crew skill mission, his voice does not have the metallic sound (bug?) and its unmistakably Andrew talking just like he did when he played Garak.

Or it is someone else who may not realize they sound just like the character Garak.

• 2 weeks later...

I, personally, hear Robin Williams without a doubt. Watch Aladdin and Mrs. Doubtfire. I have seen those movies quite a few times each. I could slightly hear the Garak character in the voice, but listening to Robinson in an interview I would say no way. Granted, hearing Williams voice without him changing it up I would probably think it wasn't williams either.

As far as the other two. I don't hear Barry at all. Or the guy from Kinds in the Hall.

Will someone just find proof? O_O I doubt its the guys who are listed as "Voices". C2N2 has many speaking lines and you can't escape his vocal grasp. I am sure the character would be listed as C2-N2. They are hiding it!

*sigh* IMDB is notoriously inaccurate. Check the game's credits. For example, Jen Hale is the only credited actress for Satele Shan.

Anything other than what the game credits list is rumor, speculation, and possible misinformation.

While there ARE several uncredited performances in SWTOR (Brandon "Garrus Vakarian" Keener comes to mind), many of the mixups on imdb are due to old information or lack of editing by the SWTOR team and/or the actors' agents (IMDB is like wikipedia...industry and member-maintained)

all that said, it's amazing how differently people hear things. For example, i can't hear Robin Williams at all, and i think you guys are just wishful thinking. i mean, that choice never once crossed my mind when hearing the ship droid. I'm on the Anthony Daniels bandwagon here, but i can't really be sure.