Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling

I never said not to question him. I merely said stop with all the overly-aggressive methods.

Why is it aggressive or out of bounds to point out that it's a problem when the debate (which is the whole point of the thread) was totally ignored in the decision?

Im not asking this rhetorically. I honestly don't understand why people are acting like I'm physically assaulting Aurbere by pointing out that it's a problem that he never changed his mind on a single point throughout the debate.

Please explain to me what the point of this is if an Arbiter starts out the process already knowing what they will decide and they don't allow themselves to be moved by arguments.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it aggressive or out of bounds to point out that it's a problem when the debate (which is the whole point of the thread) was totally ignored in the decision?

Im not asking this rhetorically. I honestly don't understand why people are acting like I'm physically assaulting Aurbere by pointing out that it's a problem that he never changed his mind on a single point throughout the debate.

Please explain to me what the point of this is if an Arbiter starts out the process already knowing what they will decide and they don't allow themselves to be moved by arguments.

You are not, don't worry. They all know you are right, just don't want to agree. :rolleyes:

How would you know what my starting thoughts on this debate were. Maybe posts I made were posts just to spark debate, or maybe just to put something for one side?

How would you know what my starting thoughts on this debate were. Maybe posts I made were posts just to spark debate, or maybe just to put something for one side?

Because you consistently argued for the side that you decided for throughout the debate. Are you asking me to believe that it is merely coincidence that you ultimately judged for the arguments that you yourself were making?

Because you consistently argued for the side that you decided for throughout the debate. Are you asking me to believe that it is merely coincidence that you ultimately judged for the arguments that you yourself were making?

I counted two of my own posts: the one Rayla asked me to post due to time zone issues, and my direct counter to it.

Other than that, I ignored my posts. Of course, you won't believe me, because I'm super biased and rigged this decision so one side could win, even though I prefer the Reborn as a faction. I've made that rather obvious considering all of the compliments I've given her.

This is kinda of true at the start of the kaggath Selenial had to ask you to stop debating mainly on LK side.

Guys, I didn't lose because Aurbere had argued for Rayla the entire match, I lost because he didn't argue for me, there's a difference.

If you felt this strongly about it, you could have posted more instead of letting me face off against Beni and Rayla alone without any support barring someone who's posts ended up not being counted.

To be honest I'm surprised it was that close.

Guys, I didn't lose because Aurbere had argued for Rayla the entire match, I lost because he didn't argue for me, there's a difference.

If you felt this strongly about it, you could have posted more instead of letting me face off against Beni and Rayla alone without any support barring someone who's posts ended up not being counted.

To be honest I'm surprised it was that close.

Ant's posts were counted. I told you that already.

His only useful input? The leadership battle.

I've already addressed this. The entire thing was ignored when it turned into a flame war. Beni agrees with me on that, several members agree on that. It was a flame war, and it contributed nothing of worth to the debate. I don't see why this is so difficult for everyone to understand.

Edited by Aurbere

I counted two of my own posts: the one Rayla asked me to post due to time zone issues, and my direct counter to it.

Other than that, I ignored my posts. Of course, you won't believe me, because I'm super biased and rigged this decision so one side could win, even though I prefer the Reborn as a faction. I've made that rather obvious considering all of the compliments I've given her.

I'm not talking about posts you counted that were your own. Im saying that your comments throughout the thread indicated a bias toward a Resistance victory. It's difficult to believe that the Resistance victory that followed was merely coincidence.

I'm not talking about posts you counted that were your own. Im saying that your comments throughout the thread indicated a bias toward a Resistance victory. It's difficult to believe that the Resistance victory that followed was merely coincidence.

Well, it is. I'm sorry if you can't or won't believe that, but it is.

You don't know what I was thinking, or how I came to this decision. You are calling on a bias that does not exist.

Honestly, I have no dog in this fight. I just get very frustrated when poor arguments prevail. The Resistance did not do a better job of debating. Their arguments were inferior throughout and yet they prevailed. I don't see the point of a debate when having stronger arguments that are more clearly communicated doesn't earn you victory.

Honestly, I have no dog in this fight. I just get very frustrated when poor arguments prevail. The Resistance did not do a better job of debating. Their arguments were inferior throughout and yet they prevailed. I don't see the point of a debate when having stronger arguments that are more clearly communicated doesn't earn you victory.

Well, the issue is that you see it one way, others see it another way. I'm sure Resistance supporters do not see it your way.

Similarly, if the Reborn had been victorious, Resistance supporters would have disagreed.

Well, it is. I'm sorry if you can't or won't believe that, but it is.

You don't know what I was thinking, or how I came to this decision. You are calling on a bias that does not exist.

So, I just got lucky in being able to predict how you were going to judge? You think that is more likely than the possibility that what you believed about the debate leaked into your comments? Your decision was predictable from your comments.

So, I just got lucky in being able to predict how you were going to judge? You think that is more likely than the possibility that what you believed about the debate leaked into your comments? Your decision was predictable from your comments.

Literally no one expected a Reborn victory, but I'm not sure about the reasons.

Sure. You could think that.

You'd be wrong, but you can still think that. It's clear that nothing I say will change people's minds, so go ahead and believe what you want to believe.

Well, the issue is that you see it one way, others see it another way. I'm sure Resistance supporters do not see it your way.

Similarly, if the Reborn had been victorious, Resistance supporters would have disagreed.

I have judged debates and this one wasn't close.