Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling

Well unless anyone is trying to say Nomi > Traya in either sabers or force powers, I believe we can quite happily say Nomi will lose.

Let's at least agree on that.

No one has said that she won't lose. Literally everyone has said that she would lose. We simply disagree that she will be brutally massacred.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolar has superior hype, and Trebor has superior feats. We aren't discussing Force feats either. We are talking about combat abilites. Provide me with feats better then slaughtering through waves of enemies (like Trebor did) or being among the finest lightsaber combatant in the Order's history (like Kolar did, as stated from numerous sources).

The problem is you're bringing the classic absence of evidence argument up, so has Selenial but no one with half a brain is going to accept that someone with such a clear strength in combat is a noob with no talent.

Despite having no prior training at all she is hailed as a natural duelist by the author. Despite barely Luke level training under Vodo and Thon she is fighting swathes of Krath/Ommin forces without injury and is 'decimating' them with her blade. The Krath and Ommin's forces were not average joes they were genuine warriors, both fought the Republic and Jedi themselves and claimed victories. On Coruscant barely weeks later she fought Mandalorians and won without injury.

This is all before her prime, she is given high accolades.

But as I have ststed before she is a duelist second and Force Power slinger first.

The problem is you're bringing the classic absence of evidence argument up, so has Selenial but no one with half a brain is going to accept that someone with such a clear strength in combat is a noob with no talent.

Despite having no prior training at all she is hailed as a natural duelist by the author. [/quote

She was being guided by the spirit of her husband. Not impressed.

Despite barely Luke level training under Vodo and Thon she is fighting swathes of Krath/Ommin forces without injury and is 'decimating' them with her blade. The Krath and Ommin's forces were not average joes they were genuine warriors, both fought the Republic and Jedi themselves and claimed victories. On Coruscant barely weeks later she fought Mandalorians and won without injury.

In none of these encounters did we ever see her fight over above 5 enemies besides with Thon. She was with a large group, and they were doing majority of the work. In fact, sourcebooks heavily imply that Ulic Qel-Droma did majority of the labor when they went and freed Arca Jeth from Ommin. Trebeor manually slicing through "wave after wave of droid battalions and Geonosian warriors" is far more impressive. Accept it and concede.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Despite having no prior training at all she is hailed as a natural duelist by the author. Despite barely Luke level training under Vodo and Thon she is fighting swathes of Krath/Ommin forces without injury and is 'decimating' them with her blade. The Krath and Ommin's forces were not average joes they were genuine warriors, both fought the Republic and Jedi themselves and claimed victories. On Coruscant barely weeks later she fought Mandalorians and won without injury.

This is all before her prime, she is given high accolades.

But as I have ststed before she is a duelist second and Force Power slinger first.

No one is using absence of Evidence to say she sucks, we're using it to say she is not on the level of the finest duelists or combatants in history, because she has never shown herself, or been stated, to be that level.

You are elevating her above anything she's ever shown herself to be, or beyond those her accolades state.

Ah good, if we can actually have a debate here instead of imbecilic lowball throwing and petty superiority claims then I would be a lot happier.

Literally the only person who's said 5 second slaughter was Ant, I've said that at least 100 times.

No one is using absence of Evidence to say she sucks, we're using it to say she is not on the level of the finest duelists or combatants in history, because she has never shown herself, or been stated, to be that level.

You are elevating her above anything she's ever shown herself to be, or beyond those her accolades state.

'Legendary skill with the Jedi weapon' sounds to me like high level dueling skill, a general statement applied to all the 'famous knights' of the Sith War.

I am not elevating her because she is already at a strong level, btw Revan and the Exile are not some of the finest duelists of all time, neither is Nomi. None of them would stand up well against the actual master duelists. Yoda, Dooku, Caedus, Luke, Vader, Windu, Sidious, Jaina and the rest they are the best with mountains of evidence to prove so.

Perhaps only Kun and Ulic would have a chance against them.

'Legendary skill with the Jedi weapon' sounds to me like high level dueling skill, a general statement applied to all the 'famous knights' of the Sith War..

Source for that? And isn't that referring to her encounter with the pirates? She was guided by the spirit of her husband and the Force for that.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

Well I don't even think she'll be brutally massacred. She just won't last as long as Revan.

I would say against Windu Revan would last 3-5 minutes but Nomi vs Meetra i wouldn't think she will more then a minute at most against Revan 30 seconds am not saying Nomi isn't a good fighter but Revan and the Exile is just better as a team and one on one.

side note:everyone on here agree's that Nomi will lost the battle her only saving grace is WIndu if she runs he will be cut down and the next time they meet she will be killed. As long as windu is still alive Nomi will still have a chance to win the only real way for Selenial to win is to kill him first and the rest will fall like dominoes without him

Source for that? And isn't that referring to her encounter with the pirates? She was guided by the spirit of her husband for that.

Something along those lines exists in POTJ, TOTJ:C and a few others.

I'm simply drawing from memory but the GSW Jedi have always been highly praised, if you gather them all up you can make an argument that they were the second greatest Order ever. TheForce.net has already held that debate.

Something along those lines exists in POTJ, TOTJ:C and a few others.

I'm simply drawing from memory but the GSW Jedi have always been highly praised, if you gather them all up you can make an argument that they were the second greatest Order ever. TheForce.net has already held that debate.

I request a scan, direct quote, or a full direct source for me to find and check. Your reliability is lacking these days.

'Legendary skill with the Jedi weapon' sounds to me like high level dueling skill, a general statement applied to all the 'famous knights' of the Sith War.

I am not elevating her because she is already at a strong level, btw Revan and the Exile are not some of the finest duelists of all time, neither is Nomi. None of them would stand up well against the actual master duelists. Yoda, Dooku, Caedus, Luke, Vader, Windu, Sidious, Jaina and the rest they are the best with mountains of evidence to prove so.

Perhaps only Kun and Ulic would have a chance against them.

Actually, Surik probably is, given all her major achievements happen with the blade.

She bests Traya and Atris through skills with the blade, Atris is a Juyo Master, and a masterful duelist. Being a Juyo Master requires mastery of many other forms. She beat Atris through bladework alone, despite the fact that Atris was drawing on the power of many different Sith Artifacts in her own personal Nexus.

Traya was a "Master of Lightsaber combat" and "Master of Telekinetic combat" who was "More powerful" than Surik, yet Surik's bladework allowed her to kill Traya in the heart of a Dark Side Nexus.

To best a master like that, despite her more powerful force powers and her situational advantage puts her in the league of the best. Not to mention her slaughter of IK's.

@Jaros Revan can take on the Nomi and Mace duo for the brief time it takes for Nomi to drop. Plus Meetra can aid Revan in holding back Mace for Revan to finish off Nomi.

I never said he wouldn't be able too but when he start to focus on Nomi. Windu will turn his full attention on Revan if Meetra not fast enough he will be cut down Windu is the best Duelist out of the 4 and it will take both Revan and Meetra to take him out

I never said he wouldn't be able too but when he start to focus on Nomi. Windu will turn his full attention on Revan if Meetra not fast enough he will be cut down Windu is the best Duelist out of the 4 and it will take both Revan and Meetra to take him out

If a weaker Revan can hold his own and nearly beat Tython, Marr, Beniko, Theron, and Jakarro amped by Shan's battle meditation, he can hold his against just Windu for a very long time (or perhaps best him).

Edited by MarcheseAMM

If a weaker Revan can hold his own and nearly beat Tython, Marr, Beniko, Theron, and Jakarro amped by Shan's battle meditation, he can hold his against just Windu for a very long time (or perhaps best him).

i didn't say he couldn't but we are not using that Revan we are using a different Revan less crazy Revan so you post mean nothing

i didn't say he couldn't but we are not using that Revan we are using a different Revan less crazy Revan so you post mean nothing

That incarnation of Revan is of Darth Revan, not a never before seen version.

If Darth Revan's feats are allowed, so is that one. To ignore it is pretty lame.

That incarnation of Revan is of Darth Revan, not a never before seen version.

If Darth Revan's feats are allowed, so is that one. To ignore it is pretty lame.

A dark version of Revan is not Darth Revan its completely different but its no point of talking about it at the beginning of this Kaggath we all were told this was Revan reborn Foundry Revan not the expansion Revan

A dark version of Revan is not Darth Revan its completely different but its no point of talking about it at the beginning of this Kaggath we all were told this was Revan reborn Foundry Revan not the expansion Revan

:facepalm: You really have no clue what you are talking about, do you?