Coordinated GSF Play

Oldmanripper

Sith Praxium has grown their GSF division on Begeren Colony and is extending an invitation to the community at large.

We fly every Sunday night at 8 PM Pacific as a unit and usually field 8-12 players in three 'flights'. Other nights we have an average of 4-8 players on at any time.

We coordinate these pilots with our TeamSpeak (TS) channel via our Enjin website.

We focus not only Starfighter but multiple hard-mode, progression raiding teams and ground PVP elements are offered across both Imperial or Republic factions.

If you are looking for a new guild, server, or really want to see what a difference coordinated starfighter play can make please visit us any time!

Contact Oldmanripper or Ann'marrie with an in-game mail or message for further information.

Applications can be submitted here.

-Ripper

INFS Praxium C.A.G.

Lauri and I have been in the queue against Sith Praxium for the last 5 or 6 weeks at 8PM pacific on Sundays. Clearly, Sith Praxium is a formidable group that has improved its coordination greatly in the last month. We usually win only one match a night against them. (We still get wins against random empire players who mismatch against us in between).

Last week Lauri was able to organize (with help) a republic Teamspeak premade with 6-10 players. Our group was behind Sith Praxium in coordination but really not that far from where Sith Praxium was 6 weeks ago. The republic group is not affiliated with a guild. We are looking for experienced pilots to join us on Teamspeak Sunday nights (8PM pacific). Part time Begeren republic aces, now is your chance for some competition. Everything is in place.

You might have better luck in the server forum...

Clearly Ripper is inviting people at large. That is likely why he did not put Begeren in the title. My goal is to have competitive matches so I felt a need to post here in response.

Besides, a Begeren forum posting would only lead to trolling by the usual suspects.

The confusion is pretty simple, that reads like a guild recruitment flyer. OMGWIII you fly together for a few hours on sundays! My heart just skipped a beat. No, really it did.

This is how you get people to come to your server and fly competitive games.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=774190

You know what the problem with BC is? Do you really want to know?

I used to fly on BC but I got very bored with the 20 plus kills and no deaths all the time. I got tired of the pubs not knowing that pre-game strategy chat is not evil, or someone trying to be a pushy dick---but a normal thing required to win---I got sick of imps flying off to the far corners of the map to look at the scenery and do loop de loops. I got very sick of the prevailing opinion that I was a cheater because your lot could not kill my bomber. Not a soul was smart enough to shoot the repair drone. The dps of multiple pilots trying to kill me was so bad the repair drone kept me topped up. Not a soul could lay a hit on my scout, your bombers died to my EMP pulse and rockets over and over.

Teamwork is a dirty word on BC, asking anyone to cover a node is like you just asked for their first born's heart on a silver plater. Expecting anyone to use tried and true tactics, like not splitting a team of eight into three is like asking for the US congress for a 12% flat tax. Mindblowingly simple in theory but you soon find dead cats with death threats stapled to their tails in your mailbox. Friggin, snowflakes, the lot of you.

So, your response to someone trying to improve the quality of play on a server is... to shout them down because you experienced poor quality of play? That's smart. How about instead, you don't disparage efforts to make things better even if you choose not to participate yourself. Isn't the goal to have a higher quality of play all around?

The Bastion's events are great, I enjoy participating in them. That doesn't mean that cool events can't be held elsewhere. Wouldn't it be great to see lots of players trying to improve the game on all servers instead of just a few?

I've flown a lot on BC (and plenty on other servers as well). There are quite a few quality pilots on BC, and it's been nice to see some of them show up on Stock Night. I think we're all looking for better matches wherever we show up. Try being part of the solution, or at the very least, realize that every server has its share of problems and don't get in the way of those who are looking to solve them.

- Despon

So, your response to someone trying to improve the quality of play on a server is... to shout them down because you experienced poor quality of play? That's smart. How about instead, you don't disparage efforts to make things better even if you choose not to participate yourself. Isn't the goal to have a higher quality of play all around?

The Bastion's events are great, I enjoy participating in them. That doesn't mean that cool events can't be held elsewhere. Wouldn't it be great to see lots of players trying to improve the game on all servers instead of just a few?

I've flown a lot on BC (and plenty on other servers as well). There are quite a few quality pilots on BC, and it's been nice to see some of them show up on Stock Night. I think we're all looking for better matches wherever we show up. Try being part of the solution, or at the very least, realize that every server has its share of problems and don't get in the way of those who are looking to solve them.

- Despon

So you're all so sick of the snowflakes on BC you are trying to get this TINY community to come to your server for really bad play? I don't see the value add for anyone. It's up to the players of BC to figure out how to educate their server mates, not try to replace them. Community building 101.

Edited by zaskar

So you're all so sick of the snowflakes on BC you are trying to get this TINY community to come to your server for really bad play? I don't see the value add for anyone. It's up to the players of BC to figure out how to educate their server mates, not try to replace them. Community building 101.

Yeah, you're a real master of community building. Stuff your attitude into a burst laser and fire yourself into some other thread. See how far relentless negativity gets you there.

This isn't even my project, or guild, but I've flown with and against these guys enough to know that the server can and has produced competitive play and some very good pilots. The value add is that if you get more good pilots into a concentrated space, quality of play goes up. Or if you get people who want to learn in on the action, quality of play goes up. In this 'tiny' 'community', there may be people who want to try something different. Here's an option. Blasting someone for trying to organize some play is like stomping on your own foot.

- Despon

Yeah, you're a real master of community building. Stuff your attitude into a burst laser and fire yourself into some other thread. See how far relentless negativity gets you there.

This isn't even my project, or guild, but I've flown with and against these guys enough to know that the server can and has produced competitive play and some very good pilots. The value add is that if you get more good pilots into a concentrated space, quality of play goes up. Or if you get people who want to learn in on the action, quality of play goes up. In this 'tiny' 'community', there may be people who want to try something different. Here's an option. Blasting someone for trying to organize some play is like stomping on your own foot.

- Despon

But he's not, he's guild recruiting with a blurb about how his guild flies sunday nights together and sometimes during the week. Thats not community building; it is snagging low hanging fruit from a sick and weak community tree.

Yes there are some good pilots, that can be said of every server. However the unwashed masses on BC are not there to play GSF at any serious level. They don't want this game as-is. They want to fly their ships around an open galaxy and take pot shots at the other faction. They don't want to act as a team member, they want to be the solo pilot that destroys the preverbal deathstar.

This is the same in the ground pvp on the server. Objectives and doing what is best for the team is never a thought, much less the required first thought to excel in team-based pvp. Why do you think so few people on BC can make it though hardmode pve content? We're not even gonna bring up the subject of nightmare modes.

The snowflake culture of the server is not commensurate to group content of any kind.

Oh, IMHO :rolleyes:

Yes there are some good pilots, that can be said of every server. However the unwashed masses on BC are not there to play GSF at any serious level. They don't want this game as-is. They want to fly their ships around an open galaxy and take pot shots at the other faction. They don't want to act as a team member, they want to be the solo pilot that destroys the preverbal deathstar.

You obviously dont know what the hell you are talking about. Spouting negative, false statements about the community here as a whole. We happen to be a very well organized and disciplined team here at Sith Praxium. I'd put our 12 best against anyone's 12 best and you can watch as your team gets destroyed by the definition of TEAMWORK. Go home Troll...you're drunk.

Edited by Baron_FireStorm

However the unwashed masses on BC are not there to play GSF at any serious level.

And which server's unwashed masses are there playing GSF at any serious level? I've played on BC and TEH extensively, Shadowlands, Bastion, JC and Harbinger. I've seen a lot of unwashed masses. Each server offers up its own unique buffet of frustrations and (occasional) delights. I've found plenty of bad attitudes abroad, but also people who are interested in playing the game better. I've personally helped many BC'ers who had an interest in becoming better pilots.

I have no comment on ground PvP, PvE ops, or anything but GSF since GSF is all I play. BC has plenty of skilled pilots and quality matches are far from impossible to find, especially if people are organizing specific nights when a number of those quality pilots will be on. What point is there in disparaging someone from trying to get more good pilots to show up so there can be competitive matches?

- Despon

You obviously dont know what the hell you are talking about. Spouting negative, false statements about the community here as a whole. We happen to be a very well organized and disciplined team here at Sith Praxium. I'd put our 12 best against anyone's 12 best and you can watch as your team gets destroyed by the definition of TEAMWORK. Go home Troll...you're drunk.

He didn't talk about you andyour guildies. He talked about the server as a whole.

Honestly, with how many posts I saw about Bergeran baddies before most people stopped PUG'ing or just transfered to another server in this thread... I can kinda understand zaskar point. The number of trolls on your server forums also pushes his points further.

In fact, by going with general forum opinion, Bergeren is the worst PvE server and TOFN is the worst PvP server because of trolls.

Are you obtuse all the time? 12+ people in a single guild is a community? I have never said Sith Praxium is anything, I do however want to correct the mis-spelling of Praxium, it is "Praxeum" if you're going for lore correct made-up words.

If you want to put some substance behind that absolutely ridiculous statement that your guild is the best pilots in the world I'll offer this.

I'll back a team of 12 pilots for a best out of seven matches tournament, 10 million credits a pilot purse. You do the same, we find a neutral server and roll stock alts. You bring your 120m and chose the server. Your pilots all have to be members of your guild as of this post. You can't go picking up anyone because, you are already the best in the world after all.

Edited by zaskar

The confusion is pretty simple, that reads like a guild recruitment flyer. OMGWIII you fly together for a few hours on sundays! My heart just skipped a beat. No, really it did.

This is how you get people to come to your server and fly competitive games.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=774190

I used to fly on BC but I got very bored with the 20 plus kills and no deaths all the time. I got tired of the pubs not knowing that pre-game strategy chat is not evil, or someone trying to be a pushy dick---but a normal thing required to win---I got sick of imps flying off to the far corners of the map to look at the scenery and do loop de loops. I got very sick of the prevailing opinion that I was a cheater because your lot could not kill my bomber. Not a soul was smart enough to shoot the repair drone. The dps of multiple pilots trying to kill me was so bad the repair drone kept me topped up. Not a soul could lay a hit on my scout, your bombers died to my EMP pulse and rockets over and over.

Teamwork is a dirty word on BC, asking anyone to cover a node is like you just asked for their first born's heart on a silver plater. Expecting anyone to use tried and true tactics, like not splitting a team of eight into three is like asking for the US congress for a 12% flat tax. Mindblowingly simple in theory but you soon find dead cats with death threats stapled to their tails in your mailbox. Friggin, snowflakes, the lot of you.

You are the greatest pilot and person that Begeren colony has ever seen. You will be missed.

I hope this gives you the happiness you seek.

He talked about the server as a whole.

In fact, by going with general forum opinion, Bergeren is the worst PvE server and TOFN is the worst PvP server because of trolls.

Here's what I don't get with this line of reasoning, and Zaskar's incessant complaining and grandstanding... every server I have played on has a large population of players who perform really badly in matches. I've had people cop an attitude about getting simple tactical advice on every server I've played on at one time or another. This is not a server specific problem. Depending on time of day and who's around, any of the servers I play on can cough up a series of terrible matches that leave me questioning whether the pilots involved have any intention of learning to play the game.

The reason I fly the bulk of my matches on BC and Ebon Hawk is that I feel like I have a better chance of getting into a competitive match on those two servers than any of the others. It doesn't always happen, of course, but there's still a better chance of having decently skilled teams of pilots flying against each other there in my experience.

Zaskar, who were you on BC, and when did you play? I"ve logged lots of matches since starting around January. It would be great to have a frame of reference to determine where your BC hate came from.

- Despon

Yes, Zark, forums are used to convey information.

Yes, Zark, I conveyed information about GSF.

Yes, Zark, I conveyed information about my guild.

Yes, Zark, I invited anyone who wanted to keep coordinating via a voice chat program to our server for some fun matches.

No, Zark, I don't need to have a 12 v 12 best of 7 tournament to know I am a good pilot or that my people are skilled.

Yes, Zark, we would welcome having you over for a 12 on 12 match! We already have stock ships here that we fly regularly.

And Zark, the only pilot I ever had trouble fighting on our server was Klehitt / Whackycamel. That guy just had my number.

So, Zark, unless you are him, which I doubt since he was a down-to-earth player who always dispensed encouragement, then I haven't flown against you, Zark, and I am confident you haven't flown against us when we coordinate on Sundays.

Anyways, Zark, I cannot stop you from flaming this thread but I would like to thank you for keeping it at the top so people who legitimately care about the information inside it will keep seeing it since you keep bumping it up there.

Thanks, Zark, keep up the fine work. ;)

-Oldmanripper

INHS Praxium CAG

Here's what I don't get with this line of reasoning, and Zaskar's incessant complaining and grandstanding... every server I have played on has a large population of players who perform really badly in matches. I've had people cop an attitude about getting simple tactical advice on every server I've played on at one time or another. This is not a server specific problem. Depending on time of day and who's around, any of the servers I play on can cough up a series of terrible matches that leave me questioning whether the pilots involved have any intention of learning to play the game.

The reason I fly the bulk of my matches on BC and Ebon Hawk is that I feel like I have a better chance of getting into a competitive match on those two servers than any of the others. It doesn't always happen, of course, but there's still a better chance of having decently skilled teams of pilots flying against each other there in my experience.

Zaskar, who were you on BC, and when did you play? I"ve logged lots of matches since starting around January. It would be great to have a frame of reference to determine where your BC hate came from.

- Despon

I'm not talking about bad. I'm talking about troll.