The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Marvel's first new SW Comic - Featuring Jaxxon!

DarthDymond

This is kind of awesome.

I love that it acknowledges the old-school comics they did all those years ago, and does a great job poking fun at it.

I will miss DH's comics, they were consistently some of the best Star Wars fiction of the past 20+ years, but the Marvel changeover was inevitable and this cover alone earns a bit of good will in my book.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure Jaxxon isn't actually going to be in it - they're poking fun at one of the 'oh god, what were they thinking!?' aspects of their initial run back in the 70s/80s, the cover is just a great way of acknowledging that with a solid in-joke.

Edited by DarthDymond

Only thing I hope from Marvel comics, is that they expand on many characters and many different POVs.

DH was good, but the majority of their comics seem to have focused on mainstream characters. There never really were any comic series aside from a couple, that focused of other characters, IE: Kir Kanos, Agent Cross, Janek Sunber, etc.

But given that it is Marvel, it's probably safe to say that they will have a great variety of comics focusing on other characters a great deal than just the mainstream ones for the majority.

So far, this is great news as they are bringing back an old time character and pushing him forward. I fully expect to see more of that and especially looking forward to seeing comic series that delve into organizations, much like Marvel does with SHIELD and others, they could do for the Rebel Alliance, The Empire, Black Sun, etc so on and so forth.

Perhaps even looking into some of the Law Enforcement Agencies within Star Wars, that would certainly be something new. I'd read a comic series involving the Corellian Security Force, the best Law Enforcement in the galaxy.

I also hope they use a varying number of different species when making characters for comic series, I mean I don't have a problem with humans. But there are way too many species to not use for comics.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Only thing I hope from Marvel comics, is that they expand on many characters and many different POVs.

DH was good, but the majority of their comics seem to have focused on mainstream characters. There never really were any comic series aside from a couple, that focused of other characters, IE: Kir Kanos, Agent Cross, Janek Sunber, etc.

Huh? A huge number of DH stories focused on other characters/points of view:

etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Edited by DarthDymond

Huh? A huge number of DH stories focused on other characters/points of view:

I mean at length. Most of those, there's not alot that went into the double digit issues or barely got into them.

Although DH Digital didn't seem to have every Star Wars comic, it was mostly mainstream ones that I saw.

Also I did put etc, too. I'm just going off of Digital really, from what I saw. Unless they have updated or something, I haven't looked through in some time.

At any rate, point is....hope Marvel expands on the new EU right.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi