The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

It's time to merge the two PVP servers...

Vicen

I usually don't care for pvp much but I've really got into it for SW:TOR. Mainly because in the SW universe, if a Sith and Jedi meet each other on the sidewalk, they aren't going to wave and pass by without an issue. They're going to try to kill each other. The galaxy is at war with a capital W, and that includes troopers, agents, bounty hunters, smugglers, the works.

I'm not a fan of pvp servers because they promoted a toxic elitest mindset on WoW that made you wonder if anyone other than spoiled ten year olds played the game. (I watch Dandy on this season's American Horror Story and think, "He's sorry he missed the MMO experience in the 2000's.":)

When I have seen it happen open world, I haven't seen any corpse camping. I'm sure it happens, but mostly someone kills you and moves on. One hit, and they're on about their business. I've extended the same courtesy on the Imperials I've killed. Okay, done. Enjoy the game, cowboy. I'm off. It's not as bad as what I've seen on other games where they call all your friends and take turns mocking your corpse, killing you every time you rise.

(Of course, you CAN warp back to a med facility anyway, and doing so isn't as punitive as other games either. Again, take WoW and its resurrection sickness.)

I've been enjoying my server quite a bit. Yeah, it's annoying when you are questing along and a Sith pops outta nowhere and gives you a big red saber gift. But hey, ask Qui-Gon about that one. He can tell you all about It. To me, it's makes things true Star Wars. You're not going to high five a Sith with Dark 5 if you're a Jedi with Light 5. That ain't even.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic