Legacy friend and ignore list

I'm a pvp hardcore player and most of the time i spend on the fleet and i really need this. Since Bioware can't/won't do anything vs credit sellers on the fleets, at very least give us legacy ignore list. Atm, I have to ignore every single spammer 3-4 times with every single toon, which is really annoying, since at the next day the same guy will make another one.

If it's legacy ignore - then ignore the spammer once and forget about him, no matter how many relogs with other toons one is making. Moreover, i can't see the reason why the ignore is not legacy bound in the first place. Is not like i'll ignore one person with one of my toons, but i'd like to chat with him with other.

Same goes for the friend list. I have 16 toon, 8 per side. So when i have a friend from the rep side i have to add him 8 times to see him online. That's really annoying as well.

No no, it was my mistake putting this thread here, i wanted to be in general - suggestion box, not here for Cartel Market. I trying to find a way to delete the thread and reopen it where it should be, but i couldn't find how. I think it should be available for everyone, ofc.

I've personally asked for this at Community Cantina events, and Bioware's response has always been that it is too technically challenging for EA's legal team. Snark aside, EA's lawyers view account-wide friends/ignore lists as a potential violation of privacy rights (bear in mind the EU is quite strict on this, and SWTOR does business in the EU). If Bioware implemented legacy friend lists, and I wanted to know who all your alts were, all I'd have to do is friend your main and maybe check off an option. Then I'd know who all your alts are, including the alts you might not want me to know about. Yes, there is a bit of a problem there.

I then suggested at least a blind legacy ignore, mostly for the gold spammers (keep in mind this was in person, during the part of the Community Cantina after QnA where devs mingle with the crowd and you can actually have a conversation with them). I suggested that we should be able to ignore a legacy by ignoring one toon therefrom, checking a "legacy ignore" option, and then the game would automatically ignore their entire legacy without disclosing to you whom you're ignoring. Theoretically, that gets around the privacy issue, but again the response was "Umm...lemme ask the lawyers about that."

I did however bring up the incredible inefficiency and wasted clicks this game forces you to go through to report credit spammers. Right click, report spam (if you're lucky--it might be buried in a menu). Annoying popup that dims your UI and you must click or hit enter to make go away. Oh, wait, it's spamming again and the report didn't auto ignore. More right clicking to ignore. Also, this whole time you've been trying to put together a 16m group for GF or what have you...and the spammer has scrolled off the replies in chat.

Contrast to EVE Online, where that first right click, "Report ISK spammer," sends the report, AND auto-ignores spammer, AND purges everything said by that spammer in your chat window so that you don't have to scroll way up to see legit chat, all with ONE click. Yes, I did make that comparison directly to BW, in person...

Sadly the dev in question did not realize just how comparatively inefficient the SWTOR UI is in dealing with such things :eek: and I at least got a "We'll look into it" for streamlining the UI for anti-spam purposes. I'd be surprised if it makes it into 3.0 though.

I've personally asked for this at Community Cantina events, and Bioware's response has always been that it is too technically challenging for EA's legal team. Snark aside, EA's lawyers view account-wide friends/ignore lists as a potential violation of privacy rights (bear in mind the EU is quite strict on this, and SWTOR does business in the EU). If Bioware implemented legacy friend lists, and I wanted to know who all your alts were, all I'd have to do is friend your main and maybe check off an option. Then I'd know who all your alts are, including the alts you might not want me to know about. Yes, there is a bit of a problem there.

Yeah this is an issue I ended up with with Cyptic games. Not only would it show whatever character you decided to play, but the game as well since Perfect World Entertainment is the parent company. So you could be playing Star Trek Online, then decide to go play Neverwinter, or Champions online, and it would show up in anyone you were friended withs list who you were playing, and where.

IE: "Randomeheroine@yourusername Neverwinter"

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Yeah this is an issue I ended up with with Cyptic games. Not only would it show whatever character you decided to play, but the game as well since Perfect World Entertainment is the parent company. So you could be playing Star Trek Online, then decide to go play Neverwinter, or Champions online, and it would show up in anyone you were friended withs list who you were playing, and where.

IE: "Randomeheroine@yourusername Neverwinter"

Ewwww! No! I don't want all my alts to be known to all of my friends!

And if I can not see all of the people I have on ignore's alts, then I wouldn't be able to know who they are. But that had been brought to a Dev's attention (hopefully will pan out with a response of some kind!)

Would love an "Add to Legacy Friends" that would only add that one alt, and a "Add Legacy to Ignore" or at least "Add to Legacy Ignore" where the latter would allow me to ignore that person's alt in particular.

I agree that legacy friend things violate privacy, yeah. But don't friend lists or guild lists violate privacy, too, then? Some random person can friend your main and know when you're online. Your guildies can track you, more or less. Well, unless they introduce "invisible" mode for the guild and a "block from friending" mode for anyone who'd like to friend you, they aren't protecting your privacy at all, I say. Edited by Kulyok

I agree that legacy friend things violate privacy, yeah. But don't friend lists or guild lists violate privacy, too, then? Some random person can friend your main and know when you're online. Your guildies can track you, more or less. Well, unless they introduce "invisible" mode for the guild and a "block from friending" mode for anyone who'd like to friend you, they aren't protecting your privacy at all, I say.

I think that Facebook has a good idea: In order to Friend someone, the other party should accept a Friend Request from the Friending party.

Honestly if I didnt have my privacy in game I wouldn't have know that a guild member of mine was harassing my guildies. I very surprised tho to find out lvling an alt and I just responded "right I'm ok" (troll the crap out of him) and it made me very uneasy as a GM because i gave him free cartel stuff helped him all the time I would have never knew he was hurting my guild (keep in mind I hold a very stricked guild only I can boot people I've played with over a year can rank others up if I see any sorta bad statements made to my fellow players I have a rank that mutes them in Gchat as a punishment) thing is I never boot EVER its your choice to come your choice to leave. Oops rambled

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.