The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds - The Semi-Finals

Beniboybling

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually of the opinion that it should be of the PT era. Rayla had the foresight to pick this as a supply world and thus should benefit from that choice.

I also think it might do more harm than good to give Sel some OR civilians since Revan wouldn't even have the majority of support from his own civilians considering he was an evil sith at one point. He is charismatic though, so it isn't as though he couldn't get followers (I mean the man got a massive cult)

I just think PT era makes more sense, and will be simpler. A mixed-era planet seems too complicated and too many unanswered questions.

Well its got nothing to do with foresight, just luck.

But a fair point.

Well it depends on when Lady is able to do that, and I mean the question of era.

In my mind there is no "matter of Coruscant" then.

A precedent was set with Makeb. There was no foresight involved here and the planet was not picked with the advantages of Rayla's choice in mind, it was picked to reflect that in the finals each faction will basically represent the Republic and the Empire, and that these battles should occur on the home worlds.

Rayla has advantages and disadvantages to her choice, and as with Makeb they balance each other out almost perfectly, there's no reason to drastically make her faction more powerful.

In every area of the Kaggath it's been like this, no era. The universal tech rule, the populace, everything's been a combination of the different times in the Galaxy, why would that change now, on a whim, completely arbitrarily just to give Rayla some extra support? Literally the ONLY reason you're bringing this up as an argument is to nerf my faction and stop what could be a very valid debate.

Do you see anyone else saying that Xizor doesn't keep his money because we picked the Clone wars era and it didn't exist back then? That's exactly the same thing, Revan doesn't have money he has Charisma, and fame.

Honestly I think the idea that she gets to pick an era is ludicrous, obviously.

In my mind there is no "matter of Coruscant" then.

A precedent was set with Makeb. There was no foresight involved here and the planet was not picked with the advantages of Rayla's choice in mind, it was picked to reflect that in the finals each faction will basically represent the Republic and the Empire, and that these battles should occur on the home worlds.

Rayla has advantages and disadvantages to her choice, and as with Makeb they balance each other out almost perfectly, there's no reason to drastically make her faction more powerful.

In every area of the Kaggath it's been like this, no era. The universal tech rule, the populace, everything's been a combination of the different times in the Galaxy, why would that change now, on a whim, completely arbitrarily just to give Rayla some extra support? Literally the ONLY reason you're bringing this up as an argument is to nerf my faction and stop what could be a very valid debate.

Do you see anyone else saying that Xizor doesn't keep his money because we picked the Clone wars era and it didn't exist back then? That's exactly the same thing, Revan doesn't have money he has Charisma, and fame.

Honestly I think the idea that she gets to pick an era is ludicrous, obviously.

You misunderstand, I agreed with you but I wished to put it to the floor first as there was no ruling to support it in the Rulebook, which would have made my decision arbitrary. I wished to consider it carefully first.

And I don't think this was ever an issue with Makeb, as there is only one version.

Anyway in the case that both factions were from the same era, that planet would be affirmed as from that era. But I think you are correct that the best and fairest course of action here is to make it eraless. Coruscant being more or less unchanged over the course of millenia anyway. And while the rule is no longer with us, I still believe it remains relevant:

Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

I am sure we can accommodate for two different perspectives on what is ultimately two different incarnations of Jedi.

I'll go about adding official rulings concerning planetary eras to resolve this issue entirely.

Edited by Beniboybling

You misunderstand, I agreed with you but I wished to put it to the floor first as there was no ruling to support it in the Rulebook, which would have made my decision arbitrary. I wished to consider it carefully first.

Oh I know, that wasn't directed at you.

And if it makes you feel better we discussed this back when you told me to pick Makeb, and I was specifically worried about it as a battleground.

Edited by Selenial

Yeah, let's just leave all of the planets eraless (obvious ones excluded). We can avoid unnecessary conflict that way.

But I'm guessing population control is going to be a contested point. I'll probably have to make a category for that.

Alright so while we're waiting, any more thoughts on arenas for the exhibition matches?

One planet I thought about using was Hoth, however its very much a pure battleground kind of location, which might come at the expense of other things, but then again so was Yavin 4 for the most part.

Alright so while we're waiting, any more thoughts on arenas for the exhibition matches?

One planet I thought about using was Hoth, however its very much a pure battleground kind of location, which might come at the expense of other things, but then again so was Yavin 4 for the most part.

Hoth is a good one. I was also thinking of a planet like Ziost or Korriban. Tython might be an interesting one as well.

Hoth is a good one. I was also thinking of a planet like Ziost or Korriban. Tython might be an interesting one as well.
Korriban was originally going to feature in the Heats, but I deemed it too small...

I've also considered Manaan, Onderon/Dxun, Kashyyyk, Mandalore/Concordia and Naboo.

Beni I wanted to ask about this quickly;

#107 Members of government who might be considered prominent individuals will be permitted if they are not a directly a member of any other organisation.

Since the government is allowed, does this include the Senate?

Beni I wanted to ask about this quickly;

#107 Members of government who might be considered prominent individuals will be permitted if they are not a directly a member of any other organisation.

Since the government is allowed, does this include the Senate?

Yes the Senate would be present, but considering this is eraless and the Senate body was in constant flux (and members of the various incarnations of the Republic) no named Senators or Chancellors.

EDIT: Now I'm thinking that the Republic Resistance should and may well have seats/support in the Senate, just so we can dedicate have the discussion to political battles and intrigue. :p

Edited by Beniboybling

Yes the Senate would be present, but considering this is eraless and the Senate body was in constant flux (and members of the various incarnations of the Republic) no named Senators or Chancellors.

EDIT: Now I'm thinking that the Republic Resistance should and may well have seats/support in the Senate, just so we can dedicate have the discussion to political battles and intrigue. :p

They could well have seats and support, that'd be acceptable.

However I was more thinking along the lines that we kept certain named Senators, if we'd never seen others from that planet on other eras. Simply because I think it'd be funny to debate who Britoni, Amidala, Organa, Cho, Lott Dod and others would support, but that again might bring in era bias since I just realised all of those are TCW characters :

Although we could always say there will be Senators Like those ones without their allegiances, the passionate pacifists who abhorred violence and those that wish to make money etc.

Rabble, rabble, rabble! How the Senate battles will go.

Although we could always say there will be Senators Like those ones without their allegiances, the passionate pacifists who abhorred violence and those that wish to make money etc.
Well definitely those archetypes always have and will exist.

EDIT: I'm thinking

for when Revan declares himself Emperor. :p
Basically. :D Edited by Beniboybling

I don't think it'd be as boring as some people think. I think the debates would be around points such as:

• The SIS vs Republic Intelligence, and their abilities to counter each other and Sway senators.
  • Jace/Wedge/Meetra's ability to keep the Senators in line, whilst making sure Revan/The Hutts use of the underworld doesn't alienate them.
  • The possibilities of bribing senators to becoming spies, or using them to help assassinate leadership.
  • Legalities of each faction, and who the general populace support would likely come down to who the Majority of the Senate publicly back.

I don't think it'd be as boring as some people think. I think the debates would be around points such as:

• The SIS vs Republic Intelligence, and their abilities to counter each other and Sway senators.
  • Jace/Wedge/Meetra's ability to keep the Senators in line, whilst making sure Revan/The Hutts use of the underworld doesn't alienate them.
  • The possibilities of bribing senators to becoming spies, or using them to help assassinate leadership.
  • Legalities of each faction, and who the general populace support would likely come down to who the Majority of the Senate publicly back.

No one said anything about it being boring...

Personally Senate debates are some of my favourite moments in Star Wars. :p

But yeah, the Senate may well play an integral role in the first round.