The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds - The Semi-Finals

Beniboybling

So no Mediator either? :confused:

I want this to start :(

I guess while were talking about this I might aswell ask. You said Black Market upgrades happen before the battle with Canino's forces. Does that mean Stealth generators could be fitted to the BT-Y's beforehand? They were designed to be upgradable and the Hutts have these, we saw so in Empire at war when Zann stole the tech from them.

Also, Isotope-5 is meant to work as a near infinite source of Energy to boost reactor output, is it safe to assume the Viscount would receive this expensive upgrade in order to ensure Suriks survival?

Quoted for answer?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the match starts, I just want to say this.

Please, no one dog pile on one side. I am sure both sides have about equal chances of winning, and we want this to remain fun. Enough fun has already been murdered by the whole Flagship Fiasco, we do not need more taken.

That said, let us get this party started!

4608, not sure where you went to school :p

1960 something for me, plus the Coruscanti underworld which would be minimum 500.

My fleet has almost 400 more point defense turrets, wedge plays defensively and it's over, the enemy ships can't win in a ship to ship battle and the fighter advantage will be negated.

But I have Many quotes and sources lined up that will make her regret picking an acclamator at all :jawa_evil:

I am prepared to defend my throne Beni.

1.Coruscanti Underworld gives you 500 Starfighters off the bat? lolwut.

2. Point-defense turrets only compensate for so much, two thousand starfighters free to do as they wish, about 40% of them with the shielding of corvettes and hulls of shuttles, are not going down like you believe.

3.Super mode Battle Meditation that can aid my fleet (thanks for the Temple Nexus Beni).

4.Oh and if those are the quotes I have seen, yeh exaggerating.

Edited by LadyKulvax

4608, not sure where you went to school :p

1960 something for me, plus the Coruscanti underworld which would be minimum 500.

My fleet has almost 400 more point defense turrets, wedge plays defensively and it's over, the enemy ships can't win in a ship to ship battle and the fighter advantage will be negated.

But I have Many quotes and sources lined up that will make her regret picking an acclamator at all :jawa_evil:

I am prepared to defend my throne Beni.

How strange, I got 4,605 this time, somehow a 700 slipped in there...

Still, that's more than double.

And lol, I'm afraid the rules don't even allow 500 fighters from the Coruscanti underworld, nor does logic. How on earth are you going to raise a fighter army prior to the Kaggath with the Hutt Cartel alone? Your not and you can't.

And what throne!? You are not a member of the royal court! :p

Edited by Beniboybling

Quoted for answer?
I stealth generator is a big upgrade, and nobody has these in large enough numbers to outfit a whole fleet, heck I doubt the Hutt Cartel have the capability to outfit even one, this technology, when applied to small craft, was rare, expensive and extremely complex, so I'm afraid that's extremely unlikely.

Well I just wanted to straighten out the facts on fighters.

Beni, if that thread doesn't go up soon... The horrors that may occur in this thread! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes:

Or just whenever it is ready... But who knows if these two shall start fighting prematurely?:d_grin:

1.Coruscanti Underworld gives you 500 Starfighters off the bat? lolwut.

2. Point-defense turrets only compensate for so much, two thousand starfighters free to do as they wish, about 40% of them with the shielding of corvettes and hulls of shuttles, are not going down like you believe.

3.Super mode Battle Meditation that can aid my fleet (thanks for the Temple Nexus Beni).

4.Oh and if those are the quotes I have seen, yeh exaggerating.

Not the place Lady. :p

How strange, I got 4,605 this time, somehow a 700 slipped in there...

Still, that's more than double.

And lol, I'm afraid the rules don't even allow 500 fighters from the Coruscanti underworld, nor does logic. How on earth are you going to raise a fighter army prior to the Kaggath with the Hutt Cartel alone? Your not and you can't.

And what throne!? You are not a member of the royal court! :p

Haha what? You literally said a week ago that the Hutts could supply fighters as my supplier. There's a trillion people on Coruscant, and whilst I don't have Ziro, for the purposes of this her assets are mine. The underworld will bow :jawa_evil:

I am empress! Conquerer of the Galaxy and slayer of queens! :p

Is there any reason it was Selenial vs Lady, then the other three faced off? Is it that Selenial and Lady's factions have an advantage, or simply that not enough people wanted to do the Kaggath?

LS vs. LS

&

DS vs DS vs DS

So we get a Lightside vs. Darkside final. Beni knew going in that we might do a three-way brawl (we've done it before) and when the matches worked out like this he decided to roll with it. And yes, he put it to a discussion before making the decision.

Edited by StarSquirrel

LS vs. LS

&

DS vs DS vs DS

So we get a Lightside vs. Darkside final. Beni knew going in that we might do a three-way brawl (we've done it before) and when the matches worked out like this he decided to roll with it. And yes, he put it to a discussion before making the decision.

Ah okay, thank you for clearing that up. My other confusion is the teams each faction has. Who picked them? Did they? If they did, why not pick like Darth Sidious and Admiral Tarkin? Is there a link I can read to understand the Kaggath?

Edited by MarcheseAMM

The Rulebook which explains why Sidious, Caedus, Vitiate, Thrawn etc... are definitively OP so they're banned. Otherwise anyone without one of those characters would get roflstomped. Also Tarkin is so-so, depends on what your faction looks like.

Someone once asked the same question.

Currently we're participating in a newer format than we originally had.

But in the beginning...

Edited by StarSquirrel

The Rulebook which explains why Sidious, Caedus, Vitiate, Thrawn etc... are definitively OP so they're banned. Otherwise anyone without one of those characters would get roflstomped. Also Tarkin is so-so, depends on what your faction looks like.

Someone once asked the same question.

Currently we're participating in a newer format than we originally had.

But in the beginning...

Seems more work then it's worth, to be honest. Though you guys seem to enjoy it, so I won't judge.

• 3 weeks later...
Moving the discussion of the next match over here until the next match is posted...

Dooku > Jerec, always has and always will. :cool:

The key component is, does Dooku even know of Jerec from before the Kaggath? If not, it is unlikely he knows of his capabilities. :p Which, to be fair, are a bit more regular than Dooku's own use of the force.