The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Grouping with someone at fleet: How do I get to their ship, or do I follow them?

Chiricahua

A guy I group with said he would meet me at Fleet. I am not sure what he did. I know he didn't follow me I don't think. I'm high enough thinking of helping others and I want to do it as efficiently as possible. Also, in a story area, do I see their story when interacting with an in game character? How do I get back to fleet? Is my ship waiting for me, or do I hitch a ride?

It's easy to follow someone else's story if they are a different class to you: it works the same as any other phased content. There is an option in the gameplay preferences to let others of the same class into your class missions, so if you want to team up with someone of the same class for their missions, make sure they have that on. Since player ships are in class mission phases, the same rules apply.

Also, don't worry about your ship, it will follow you wherever you go, regardless of the means you took to get there -- even if it was in someone else's ship ;)

A guy I group with said he would meet me at Fleet. I am not sure what he did. I know he didn't follow me I don't think. I'm high enough thinking of helping others and I want to do it as efficiently as possible. Also, in a story area, do I see their story when interacting with an in game character? How do I get back to fleet? Is my ship waiting for me, or do I hitch a ride?

If you are in their instance, you see their story.

Your ship will be waiting for you in the spaceport or equivalent.