Coming back from long hiatus...Which server to roll on?

Vicen

I've been playing SWTOR for the last week now after a year long hiatus from the game...and I have to say the current server I am on just doesn't seem to have a lot of people on it (The Bastion to be exact) at least on Republic side...I was wondering what do you guys think is the best server to roll on for a fresh new start? And are there any really good casual / lvling up kind of guilds out there as well on those servers?

The Shadowlands is solid as an east coast PvE server. There are good populations of both Republic and Imperial players, though there are definitely more Imperials overall.

If you're just looking to participate in casual content, there are plenty of active casual guilds to join on both sides. In my experience, there are many more PUGs happening on the Imperial side for operation content, but that's not to say the Republic side has no activity in that regard, just relatively less. 3.0 should liven things up nicely.

The Shadowlands is solid as an east coast PvE server. There are good populations of both Republic and Imperial players, though there are definitely more Imperials overall.

If you're just looking to participate in casual content, there are plenty of active casual guilds to join on both sides. In my experience, there are many more PUGs happening on the Imperial side for operation content, but that's not to say the Republic side has no activity in that regard, just relatively less. 3.0 should liven things up nicely.

Shadowlands is a pretty great sever, but in terms of population, The Harbinger has the most. Never played on it myself, but that is what I've heard. But be warned, The Harbinger also tends to have a lot of server issues. Probably because of how high the population is.

If you're on the bastion now, the harbinger is probably your best option. West coast pve server, probably the healthiest server population wise. The odd server hiccup when the hamsters get tired, but otherwise, very nice. Balanced factions, lots of pve and pvp.