The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

companion stories since release

vericon

Hi everyone,

Just came back to the game due to the 12x experience offering. I've always enjoyed the character and companion stories so I figured I would try to play through some of them since I can do so more quickly now.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the character stories, and more specifically the companion stories, have been expanded since launch? By companion stories I primarily mean the unlockable conversations you get as you improve their affection. I know a lot of quests and even new planets have appeared but are those general stories and not specific to classes and their companions?

Thanks so much for any comments.

Hi everyone,

Just came back to the game due to the 12x experience offering. I've always enjoyed the character and companion stories so I figured I would try to play through some of them since I can do so more quickly now.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the character stories, and more specifically the companion stories, have been expanded since launch? By companion stories I primarily mean the unlockable conversations you get as you improve their affection. I know a lot of quests and even new planets have appeared but are those general stories and not specific to classes and their companions?

Thanks so much for any comments.

Welcome back! :D

Class and companion specific stories have not been expanded on since launch, sadly. :(

The good news is in 3.0 we're getting a class specific mission for each class written by the one and only, Alexander Freed (he wrote the Imperial Agent story). Yeah, it could be better but... baby steps. :o

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Welcome Back.

Though Essence_of_Light is technically correct, they have added two new companions, HK-51 and Treek, to the game and you have conversations with them too. I don't recall if there are any specific companion quests with them, but there is a quest line you have to do to get HK.

Edited by Dragondog

Though Essence_of_Light is technically correct, they have added two new companions, HK-51 and Treek, to the game and you have conversations with them too. I don't recall if there are any specific companion quests with them, but there is a quest line you have to do to get HK.

No specific companion questions for either of them. I can't speak for HK, but Treek, at least, seems to have no opinions or input on any class quests, and no Affection increases or decreases.

Also, it's not really new story or cut scenes, but Companions do have additional area-triggered dialogue and Affection modifiers associated with the quests on Makeb, and modifiers only for the Oricon story.

No specific companion questions for either of them. I can't speak for HK, but Treek, at least, seems to have no opinions or input on any class quests, and no Affection increases or decreases.

Also, it's not really new story or cut scenes, but Companions do have additional area-triggered dialogue and Affection modifiers associated with the quests on Makeb, and modifiers only for the Oricon story.

HK loves whenever I kill someone with my DS Sin :D Also he has a great observation at the platform on Makeb.

Edited by MagikFingerz

HK loves whenever I kill someone with my DS Sin :D Also he has a great observation at the platform on Makeb.

As far as I can tell, HK doesn't care what you do in your main class storyline--no affection gains or losses no matter what I've chosen.

Once you get to Makeb, though, both Treek and HK can gain or lose affection based on conversation choices.