The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quick Mail Question

Sharzade

Another quick one; about the Rhakghoul disease, is there a proper way to get healed from it? Normal healing isn't doing it.

Most medical droids sell a vaccine for like 2k that offers protection for about 6 hours.

Not sure on your other question, but I guess it has been less profitable ever since Bioware made it so that the highest end Biochem stuff can only be used if you have Biochem yourself.

Most medical droids sell a vaccine for like 2k that offers protection for about 6 hours.

Not sure on your other question, but I guess it has been less profitable ever since Bioware made it so that the highest end Biochem stuff can only be used if you have Biochem yourself.

Thanks re the vaccine, I'm off to find that. Yeah, sounds discouraging for Biochem to be a prereq to using Biochem crafts. :eek:

I forgot another option. If you choose to partake in the Rakghoul event and gain enough Reputation for T.H.O.R.N., you can buy relics off their reputation vendors that will passively protect you from infection as long as you have them equipped. Edited by Darkelefantos

Ah that's interesting. My character died which got me to the droid, and the vaccines are kinda pricey but I'm getting a bit to be safe. Will the disease be around through Halloween? I'm guessing we're catching this plague for festive reasons. :p

Another quickie, wondering how profitable bioanalysis and biochem crafts are? They could be good picks for my Bounty Hunter because she'll get companions with criticals.

Bioanalysis is a gathering skill, you gather mats, and it can be quite profitable because most players have the 12x exp boost and are just playing class quests; nobody bothers to gather anymore and the market is sky high. That'll last another month. You could easily make several million credits by the time you reach level 30 - 40, if you stop to gather and sell the mats on the GTN in a smart way.

Biochem is a crafting skill; crafting skills cost a couple million to train up, and are probably profitable only at max level. Biochem makes implants, so you COULD find some profits, because, again, 12x exp and nobody is crafting for a month. But you'll probably make more profits by selling the mats directly.

I forgot another option. If you choose to partake in the Rakghoul event and gain enough Reputation for T.H.O.R.N., you can buy relics off their reputation vendors that will passively protect you from infection as long as you have them equipped.
The immunity effect from the relics is active, not passive. You have to "use" the relic to apply the effect. (The confusion here may be that like other relics, the "on use" effect is triggered when you equip it).

The effect has a limited duration, 6 hours, so you do have to renew it occasionally. It does not persist through death, so you'll also have to redo it if you die.

Plus, there is a "world boss" for the event with an ability that cancels the immunity, so if you're fighting it, you will need to re-use the relic - frequently - during the fight.

If you equip the relic, then drag it from your character sheet to a slot on your quickbars, it will make a "shortcut" so you can reapply the immunity as needed without going back to your character sheet to click on the relic directly.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Thanks Aldric for the extra Rakghoul event info; it's good to know how the relics work and about the debuffing world boss.

Bioanalysis is a gathering skill, you gather mats, and it can be quite profitable because most players have the 12x exp boost and are just playing class quests; nobody bothers to gather anymore and the market is sky high. That'll last another month. You could easily make several million credits by the time you reach level 30 - 40, if you stop to gather and sell the mats on the GTN in a smart way.

Biochem is a crafting skill; crafting skills cost a couple million to train up, and are probably profitable only at max level. Biochem makes implants, so you COULD find some profits, because, again, 12x exp and nobody is crafting for a month. But you'll probably make more profits by selling the mats directly.

Hmmm, Bioanalysis sounds like a good idea. With Biochem, I'll take it easier. Thanks!

Edited by Sharzade

ever since Bioware made it so that the highest end Biochem stuff can only be used if you have Biochem yourself.

That's only the purple re-usable stims, adrenals & medpacks, the blue ones can be used by anyone (& give a higher heal/stat/etc). If you're using the purple ones, it's for the convenience of never having to craft or buy any stims/adrenals/medpacks for your own use again.

That's only the purple re-usable stims, adrenals & medpacks, the blue ones can be used by anyone (& give a higher heal/stat/etc). If you're using the purple ones, it's for the convenience of never having to craft or buy any stims/adrenals/medpacks for your own use again.

Which is why I said "highest end". Not perfectly clear, perhaps, but that was what I meant.

The immunity effect from the relics is active, not passive. You have to "use" the relic to apply the effect. (The confusion here may be that like other relics, the "on use" effect is triggered when you equip it).

That's correct. There was no confusion, only lack of proper reading on my part.

Edited by Darkelefantos

In the Stronghold window, there's a fee to get a basic Stronghold, and then there's the same fee for Reactivation. If a player goes go from sub to FtP will he/she need to reactivate the Stronghold? Just curious about what the Reactivation is about. It's expensive on the fancier Strongholds.