How to FIX Yolo ELO without Removing ELO (WAY BETTER METHOD)

Kenjigreat

First off , Fix matchmaking system to not put 4 of the same class in 1 team.

If the Match goes 2-1, the Losing team should lose 50% less ELO than they would if they lost 2-0.

If they managed to take 2-3 people down but went 0-2. They should lose 25% ELO.

Done.

I SOLVED IT.

That's a pretty terrible idea.

Manage to take down 2-3 people? Like what? Solo? So the other 3 people on your team just sat around while you did that?

Losing less elo for going three rounds pretty much defeats the purpose of the best of 3 format. Might as well make them 1 shots :rolleyes:

That's a pretty terrible idea.

Manage to take down 2-3 people? Like what? Solo? So the other 3 people on your team just sat around while you did that?

Losing less elo for going three rounds pretty much defeats the purpose of the best of 3 format. Might as well make them 1 shots :rolleyes:

I personally don't really give a **** but its a way way better idea than whatever anyone proposed. Personally I just wished they fixed the matchmaking.

Also never take any of my post that seriously . Never take anything that seriously.

Edited by Kenjigreat

I personally don't really give a **** but its a way way better idea than whatever anyone proposed. Personally I just wished they fixed the matchmaking.

I still think the best idea is to gut the entire program. Yolo queue was a mistake. It's death is long overdue.

Edited by Xeraz

Easy fix:

1. change elo to not cause people to lose rating, but at the same time make it take a lot of time to get to 1600. Winning against people of higher rating gives you a higher rating boost and winning against people of lower rating gives a lower rating boost.

Reason 1: Many times it may not be your fault if your team loses so you might feel cheated if the other team got the best healer on the server and you got a clicker for a healer. You still have to be skilled in order to get 1600 (either that or VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY patient) since it will take longer and you will only get there faster if you win against higher rating players.

Reason 2: Many times players who do manage to get to 1600 are afraid to lose their rating and will stop queuing, making it pop less. Without fear of losing it, they will keep queuing to get coveted "all galaxy" status.

Reason 3: If it takes longer to get to 1600, it is a longer grind so it will lead to more queues.

Reason 4: If someone is trolling, it doesn't really hurt his teammates that much.

Reason 5: The best and most dedicated will still be at the top.

2. put pubs and imps on the same team.

Reason: prevent queue syncing.

3. Do not start match until holy trinity is available (1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer).

Reason 1: No more QQing about some classes not being viable for solo "ranked" and begging for unnecessary buffs and nerfs (I'm looking at you snipers).

Reason 2: Will get more people to try tank/healer in wzs instead of just sticking to dps.

Reason 3: It will actually make the match interesting instead of it being a zerg fest.

4. Allow people to mark trolls and ban them only from joining ranked (after BW confirms he was trolling).

Reason 1: obvious.

All easy fixes that will increase queue times and make solo ranked more fun and competitive. Will BW do any of these things? Probably not.

Also never take any of my post that seriously . Never take anything that seriously.

exactly how serious did I take it :confused:

I don't get it, either you stand by your idea or you don't. You can't just say it's the best idea, but refuse to defend it cuz it's not serious.

Edited by TezMoney

exactly how serious did I take it :confused:

I don't get it, either you stand by your idea or you don't. You can't just say it's the best idea, but refuse to defend it cuz it's not serious.

I think its better than what they are doing , if you disagree is fine.

The reason why I said don't take it serious is that there is no point , Bioware kinda made it clear that they don't give a **** about improving yolo in the Snave interview. Musco can't come up with a decent answer as to why we are allowing bolster and 26khp/trolls into yolo with the "WE WANT TO MAKE THE BEST SAFGEGUARD AGAINST TROLLS EXCUSE". I am waiting for a safeguard , I doubt its happening in 3.0 if yolo still continues.

LOL.

Easy fix:

1. change elo to not cause people to lose rating, but at the same time make it take a lot of time to get to 1600. Winning against people of higher rating gives you a higher rating boost and winning against people of lower rating gives a lower rating boost.

Reason 1: Many times it may not be your fault if your team loses so you might feel cheated if the other team got the best healer on the server and you got a clicker for a healer. You still have to be skilled in order to get 1600 (either that or VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY patient) since it will take longer and you will only get there faster if you win against higher rating players.

Reason 2: Many times players who do manage to get to 1600 are afraid to lose their rating and will stop queuing, making it pop less. Without fear of losing it, they will keep queuing to get coveted "all galaxy" status.

Reason 3: If it takes longer to get to 1600, it is a longer grind so it will lead to more queues.

Reason 4: If someone is trolling, it doesn't really hurt his teammates that much.

Reason 5: The best and most dedicated will still be at the top.

2. put pubs and imps on the same team.

Reason: prevent queue syncing.

3. Do not start match until holy trinity is available (1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer).

Reason 1: No more QQing about some classes not being viable for solo "ranked" and begging for unnecessary buffs and nerfs (I'm looking at you snipers).

Reason 2: Will get more people to try tank/healer in wzs instead of just sticking to dps.

Reason 3: It will actually make the match interesting instead of it being a zerg fest.

4. Allow people to mark trolls and ban them only from joining ranked (after BW confirms he was trolling).

Reason 1: obvious.

All easy fixes that will increase queue times and make solo ranked more fun and competitive. Will BW do any of these things? Probably not.

-_-

1. Not to lose ELO rating,

So I can lose 100000 games and win 1000 games and make it to Tier 1?

-_-

1. Not to lose ELO rating,

So I can lose 100000 games and win 1000 games and make it to Tier 1?

If you are willing to play that many arenas to get to tier 1, sure why not? You are giving the most extreme example and one that is not likely to happen.

Let's face it, most of the BS reasons people give for not queuing are just that, BS. The #1 reason people don't queue is because they are afraid of losing their rating and look bad in front of everyone. Whether it is because there are queue syncers or trolls or w/e, the #1 reason people don't queue is because they don't want to end up with a 1000 rating on a nice chart for everyone to see (regardless of whether they deserve that rating or not).

You want a ranked system that works? I'm giving you one, you want to sit and QQ about ranked not popping? defend the current ELO; because I promise you, even if BW fixes all the problems with ranked, people will still chicken out and give some other reason for doing so.

"3. Do not start match until holy trinity is available (1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer)."

So if there are no tanks or healers currently queuing, you'd prefer to just sit there and wait possibly for hours? Yeah, no.

Do you want competition or not? Because 2 jugs, 1 assassin and 1 madness sorc vs 1 sniper 1 merc 1 concealment op and 1 AP PT is not competition, unless the people on team 1 are garbage, the match is pretty much decided. It is not because the classes on team 1 are OP and the classes on team 2 are weak (well except maybe AP PT, it needs a small buff), it is because the classes on team 1 are more suited for a zerg fest arena. It is impossible to balance for 4dps vs 4dps, one or two classes will always be more fit for something like an arena than others.

Take sniper for example. The reason it sucks in an arena is because it is a turret class. It is a natural class to be focused first since it cannot really escape a 4 man zerg well, it is in plain site and leaving it alone will hurt. It does very well however in cases where a tank and healer are available.

If queues aren't popping as dps, why not go on your tank/healer?