Republic classes worth leveling

Crodellk

Which republic classes are worth leveling? I been playing all sith/imperial classes so far and with the 12x exp I can level a few more sith alts; but even so I still have limited time I can play so I won't have time to do all ACs. I like the dark side and the animations such as force lighting and choke. So are there any good republic classes with cool stories and animations over it's sith mirror class?

The thing about class stories is how good they are is opinion based. While consular and trooper are usually towards the bottom of rate the class story threads i thought they were really good while thinking the Imperial agent which is usually considered the best or at least top 3 to be way over rated.

As for republic:

Trooper: If you like real life military and the issues that face the everyday soldier/special forces (protocol vs effectiveness) blindly following orders vs doing your own thing to achieve the mission goals and deciding what's more important, your military organization in which you are a member of or the people (citizens/politics) your organization is sworn to protect then you will like this story. It plays out more like a series of military assignments over one coherent story. Light side soldier who follows the rules or dark side renegade who gets the job done no matter the costs (think mass effect)

Consular: Classic Jedi. Knowledge, diplomacy, healing. You are set up to be a paragon of virtue and powerful force user. Instead of popcorn movie action and massive epic missions to stop dooms day devices and sith lord after sith lord you serve as a healer at the start and eventually become a diplomat. Setting up alliances, securing aid to the republic, proper diplomatic etiquette and being a true peaceful jedi are what you can expect with this story. (Of course you can go darkside but i don't think it makes sense)

Knight: Movie popcorn eating action, chosen one, great hero who will save the republic and galaxy. You are an expert fighter and destined for great things, a true guardian of the republic you can expect lots of action, big movie style moments and a story that feels like all 3 chapters are fully connected. Also one of the best/most interesting ending fights. Light side makes sense but playing neutral (think anakin sky walker) i feel is the best way. Dark side still doesn't make much sense but makes more sense then consular. This story is a classic action hero movie and many consider it to be the closest thing to a KOTOR 3.

Smuggler: Feels the most independent out of all the classes, especially in chapter 1 but eventually are forced into the republic side (it make sense but you don't have a choice in the matter anyway). Best dialogue in this story, lots of funny moments and lots of flirt options if that is your thing. Best chapter 1 villain in the game imo, you really want to get him/her. You can play the story like a adventuring hero space cowboy or a slimy criminal outlaw via the dialogue choices including mixing both or wanting just to focus on making credits. Treasure hunter, privateer. The story feels like a series of adventures. If people Jack Sparrow and Han solo are characters you like and wonder what kind of adventures they would have before their big moments in movies then you will enjoy this story. Light side cowboy or dark side criminal and neutral plays out just fine.

Worth leveling? Very subjective.

Consular story is an almost mirror of the inquisitor, however the voice actress for female is a little..unemotional. Sage is just as powerful as sorcerer although i find the animations for disturbance to be far more beefy than lightning strike.

Smuggler story is full of funny but doesn't quite capture the han solo thing - male or female. The sound of loading flechette round into your scattergun is always satisfying as is the class's detaunt move. Gunslinger can wield 2 weapons that look an awful lot like a space six-shooter (used to only be one available and only from the story line). Corso is a very endearing companion for females and Risa is the Leia archetype for males.

Jedi knight and sentinel have the most traditional and epic storyline in the game if you are a star wars fan. The male voice actor leaves a bit to be desired. Guardians are late bloomers, and the class gets a healer very very late. If you have the means, use treek.

Trooper is unique in that they are the only class in the game where all of their companions - even hk-51 and treek - use the same mainstat as the player. This makes it absurdly easy to gear up using hand-me-downs or just specializing your crafting. M14X is hilarious, Elara is Mary Poppins. Story is actually damned good if a bit formulatic, and quite frankly rifle > single pistol and gigantic honkin' cannon > dual pistols imo. Troopers also have the best looking armor in the game 2nd only to a scoundrel in straight up space cowboy with mal reynolds' six shooter.

Which ones are worth leveling? anything that can tank. Same for both sides.

Edited by Corran