Preparing for the End of my Subscription

ObsidianVashti

Hey guys, first of all please note this is not a trolling post about how I'm ending my subscription. Rather, I was wondering if there are any up to date guides on how to best prepare for when your subscription ends. I love SWTOR, however, I'm cutting back for a bit and can't justify spending money on the subscription for now. I plan to subscribe maybe in spring or summer of next year. The question is, are there unlocks I should buy now, or credits etc... that I should arrange in preparation (while my subscription is still active)? In what ways would I be limited when my subscription runs out and how does this affect my Shadow of Revan expansion pre-order? Do Preferred Players still get the 12x Class Missions bonus? I have a decent amount of Cartel Coins saved up for this moment, and I greatly appreciate any advice that you guys may have on making the most of being a Preferred Player.

Thanks guys! :rak_03:

Also remember if you are going to have inactive characters (6-16 toons depending on how many additional slots you unlock) decide which toons you like active and move any important equipment (eg. BoL equipment) and credits to toons you intend to use.

Spread your credits across all your active toons to get as much out of the 350,000 limit as possible.

To confirm another thing, if I buy account-wide unlocks such as "Artifact Authorization" is this unlock persistent? For example if my subscription expires, I continue to play under Preferred Status and then renew my subscription in a couple of months and then let my subscription expire once more, do I need to purchase the unlocks all over again, or are the unlocks persistent no matter your subscription status?

Grind out as many credits as you can now and spend them on unlocks. Legacy match to chest, high level gear unlock, operations/warzone passes, enough extra character slots to support all that you want to play, companion appearance unlock, etc. Since you have a 300k (?) limit on credits as preferred, you need to spend as much money now on these as possible to make your life easier. Save your cartel coins in case you need to dip into anything you have above 300k for any particular reason.

It really isn't that bad with these unlocks, but the lower XP gain really slows you down. Operation/warzone passes are always available on GTN for less than 300k, so you can always stock up on more, just remember to spend money before you get over the credit limit or you won't see it until you resub.

Grind out as many credits as you can now and spend them on unlocks. Legacy match to chest, high level gear unlock, operations/warzone passes, enough extra character slots to support all that you want to play, companion appearance unlock, etc. Since you have a 300k (?) limit on credits as preferred, you need to spend as much money now on these as possible to make your life easier. Save your cartel coins in case you need to dip into anything you have above 300k for any particular reason.

It really isn't that bad with these unlocks, but the lower XP gain really slows you down. Operation/warzone passes are always available on GTN for less than 300k, so you can always stock up on more, just remember to spend money before you get over the credit limit or you won't see it until you resub.

I'm noticing that unlocks in the cartel market are marked with a yellow exclamation mark (I'm assuming because I'm currently a subscriber). Am I supposed to wait until my player status is degraded if I want to buy unlocks via the Cartel Market? Additionally, I can't see anywhere in the Cartel market to distinguish whether or not these unlocks are character specific or account-wide. I want to purchase the account-wide unlocks. I see that some of the unlocks I am wanting are available on the GTN (and are marked with "Account" status), but not all of them are on the GTN. I have a decent amount of Cartel Coins and saved them for this purpose, but do not see where I ensure that I am unlocking it for the entire account.

Edited by ObsidianVashti

I'm noticing that unlocks in the cartel market are marked with a yellow exclamation mark (I'm assuming because I'm currently a subscriber). Am I supposed to wait until my player status is degraded if I want to buy unlocks via the Cartel Market? Additionally, I can't see anywhere in the Cartel market to distinguish whether or not these unlocks are character specific or account-wide. I want to purchase the account-wide unlocks. I see that some of the unlocks I am wanting are available on the GTN (and are marked with "Account" status), but not all of them are on the GTN. I have a decent amount of Cartel Coins and saved them for this purpose, but do not see where I ensure that I am unlocking it for the entire account.

When you hover over the item, it will say character or account unlock. You can get them while subbed, but they obviously do nothing. If you already have it unlocked, it will be grayed out just like a piece of armor that your character can't wear. If no one has any on the GTN, then you may need to use your CC on them, but definitely do the account unlocks. You'll generally be able to tell they are account wide because they will be significantly more expensive on the GTN.