The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sell a Wider Variety of Specific Dyes

TiVOs

I would happily spend 60 - 100 CC for any dye I happen to like on a specific outfit. I would happily purchase multiple White/Blue dyes for 150 CC a pop (I have three Troopers, I love the White/Blue look, and all their companions need to match the unit) . I have no problem purchasing a Black/Black, White/Black, or Black/White for 200 CC or more, if I'm in the market for them.

I refuse to spend 200 CC on a pack of two random dyes. I refuse to spend 100 CC on two random dyes. I refuse to spend 50 CC on two random dyes. You might get me to spend 5 or 10 CC on two random dyes.

Please stop with the random dyes. I don't have numbers, real or otherwise, to suggest you'd make more money in general by selling a wider assortment of specific dyes, but I can guarantee you'd make more money off of me.

• 2 weeks later...

They need to break the dyes into two separate slots. Primary Dye. Secondary Dye. Separate slots, separate consumeables required.

Currently there are over 30 colors being used in dye. Making them as exclusive Primary/Secondary combos means that there are over 900 different combinations. Yet we only get 2 new combinations per Cartel Pack now. At the current pace, it would take over 20 years to get through all the dye combos in order to make sure we can get the ones we want.

I can't argue that one combination is more deserving of another. While I really want White/DeepBrown, somebody else might have been anxiously awaiting that BlazeOrange/PaleGreen that was implemented instead. That's all fine and dandy. But considering that making the combination dyes has proven to be too taxing of Bioware's resources and they simply cannot or will not introduce them in a manner that can get them all out this decade, it seems safe to say the current system was too ambitious and a more simplified system that requires the players to buy 2 separate dyes in order to dye their gear, but to have control of their combinations, would streamline the process and save the development team years of making dye at their current pace.

They need to break the dyes into two separate slots. Primary Dye. Secondary Dye. Separate slots, separate consumeables required.

Currently there are over 30 colors being used in dye. Making them as exclusive Primary/Secondary combos means that there are over 900 different combinations. Yet we only get 2 new combinations per Cartel Pack now. At the current pace, it would take over 20 years to get through all the dye combos in order to make sure we can get the ones we want.

They need to overhaul it - let us dye all the slots. Many items have more than the primary and secondary dye slot which can't be dyed.. And it's retarded that we still can't change all of it.

Edited by emeraldon