Bug with stronghold resource collection

Grayseven

If you gather from a resource node in your stronghold on one character and then log on to a different character to gather from the same node you can not interact with the resource node without first picking it up and then placing it back in the stronghold.

I am not sure if this happens only when the first character gets the resource exhaustion debuff or for any gathering.

There is no Dev post there, so any opinion is a matter of conjecture by other players.

In my observation, the only thing preventing nodes from being harvested is the debuff a character eventually gets while harvesting nodes in a SH. It makes no sense to also make the nodes themselves debuff, especially since at no point have I seen a Dev posting on the issue.

It's an unnecessary redundancy to have both the character and the node debuff considering most players have dozens of the same node available and can put them down in huge rows if they so desire.

In my observation and opinion, this is a bug and not a feature.

My observation that this is a bug involves the fact that if I cycle through my characters to harvest a single node type and they are within the stronghold, the node will be unharvestable between toons already in the SH, but if the toon isn't in the SH and has to travel to it, the node is harvestable.

Further experimentation shows that leaving the SH when a node is unharvestable and then returning to that SH keeps the node unharvestable.