The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Coins to Credits

Cartel coins to credits..... Ok this is my first and only mmo, and by no means do I claim to understand how everything works....but even I can see this is a bad idea.

It'd severely neuter endgame for one. Why bother running any OP's or dailies when I can just spend real life cash for in game credits? I just made my first million during 12xp selling blue and green drops and a bunch of mats I'd acquired when I was trying to figure out crafting. If I could've just bought that million credits for $25-30, I'd have a rancor by now lol.

Also.....prices on the GTN would skyrocket overnight. Where that same rancor now cost around $8-9million, they'd be $50-60 million before you know it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the definition of "pay 2 win"?

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the definition of "pay 2 win"?

Not really, p2win only applies if one can spend real money to gain an edge over another in a competitive environment, for example if you could directly buy overpowered gear for pvp etc.

I don't believe in the doomsday-for-the-economy scenario some people seem to fear regarding this idea.

GW2 has a gem<>gold conversion system built right into their auction house mechanic, and the economy there is just fine.

Maybe it could impact BW's revenue from CM packs, though on the other hand that might be compensated by what they gain from people buying cartel points for credits.

I believe every mmo should offer some kind of currency-buying service, I think it's a far more effective counter to illegal moneyselling schemes and scams that lead to accounttheft and whatnot, than trying to police the frauds.