Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Juggernaut Tank confused about optimising my gear

VertigoZa

Hi All

I need some advice/pointers on how to optimise my current gear. I think I've done a decent job by browsing these forums and using the info I have found, but some direct advice would be of great help.

Please note I'm only doing SM ops at the moment. My guild feels that my current gear isn't ready for HM.

Current Gear

Planned (Ignoring my set bonus armorings and only trying to get all my mods/enhancements to 180)

The problem I see with my planned gear is that according to the 'Ideal Tank Stat Distribution' guide, It almost seems like my planned gear is less optimised than my current gear. Total mitigation pool increases by 28 but balance is ruined, or does the 2k HP make up for that? So confused ... :t_confused:

1. Where do I go from here? PS - I don't have a lot of credits. The Dread Forged Earpiece, Might Hilt 36 killed my funds. (I can farm some if it is my best route :p)

2. I've gotten some comments on my current HP pool being too low? Do I ignore it? If not, how do I fix it?

3. Arkanian Relic of Reactive Warding, is it still bugged? If so, how do I get it?

4. When will I be considered geared for HM DF or DP? (in your opinions)

Thanks for all the awesome information/guides so far, it has made my Jugg that much more challenging and enjoyable to play :D

Cheers,

Vert

Hi All

I need some advice/pointers on how to optimise my current gear. I think I've done a decent job by browsing these forums and using the info I have found, but some direct advice would be of great help.

Please note I'm only doing SM ops at the moment. My guild feels that my current gear isn't ready for HM.

Current Gear

Planned (Ignoring my set bonus armorings and only trying to get all my mods/enhancements to 180)

The problem I see with my planned gear is that according to the 'Ideal Tank Stat Distribution' guide, It almost seems like my planned gear is less optimised than my current gear. Total mitigation pool increases by 28 but balance is ruined, or does the 2k HP make up for that? So confused ... :t_confused:

1. Where do I go from here? PS - I don't have a lot of credits. The Dread Forged Earpiece, Might Hilt 36 killed my funds. (I can farm some if it is my best route :p)

2. I've gotten some comments on my current HP pool being too low? Do I ignore it? If not, how do I fix it?

3. Arkanian Relic of Reactive Warding, is it still bugged? If so, how do I get it?

4. When will I be considered geared for HM DF or DP? (in your opinions)

Thanks for all the awesome information/guides so far, it has made my Jugg that much more challenging and enjoyable to play :D

Cheers,

Vert

Your gear looks fine, you should be doing HM DF right now.

Research the fights, research the ins and outs of your class. Show them that you're a good player, because that's all that matters at this point.

It sounds like the healers are uninformed and/or not very good if they think you're undergeared for hardmode (concerns over your hp is a red flag). If you're worried it will cause friction, leave and find a new guild. Tanks are in high demand.

Edited by Marb

First of all :

Defstats (Absorb/Shield/Defense) > Strength > AP > Endurance

This is for juggernaut tanks. Your strength improves your mitgation. With 38k Hp you can go NIM Fortress and Palace because everyhp point exceeding the 32k is a waste. The highest hit you can get is a 27k hit by raptus when your knocked into the air if failing 2 dd challenges ( improves Raptus Damage by 100% ). So Healers would still have enough time to heal you to 100%.Hp is there to avoid being a one-hit.

You current gear looks good for not doing oricon hardmodes. You could think about skilling Dreadnought (more mitgation) instead of accuracy (more tps).

About your planned gear : 180 mods/enhancements from the commendation vendor are bad, you should favour 180 token / 172 token Mods/enhancements. Those offer more defense/absorb and more shieldrating. However you will loose some hp which as many ppl already showed and calculated is the worst stat a juggernaut tank could go for.

Ignore it. Those comments come from ppl who cant play and dont have a clue about tanking. My jugg Tank is full 186 with 41,8k hp.

It is still (or again) buggy. Its effect occurs all 20 seconds instead of all 40 seconds as the tooltip indicates. You can obtain it by doing the first time oricon quest. If you already did it but didnt choose the relic or you already trashed it, you can obtain the brutalizer relic of reactive warding quite easily. Dont buy 180 relics !

. When will I be considered geared for HM DF or DP? (in your opinions)

You already are, When i was in DF/DP HM for the first time i had like 35k hp and 2300 defstats.

My guild feels that my current gear isn't ready for HM.

As previously stated your gear is more than Hm ready. You can link him my post so he has an progress raider's opinion about your gear. However i can not ellaborate on your personal skill and therefore not tell whether you are good enough to be Hm ready. For the ellaboration on whether your equipment is good enough or not i would also join Ts to discuss it with your guild leader.

Btw. sins + pt's have a 3% bonus to endurance in their skills, juggers dont, thats why juggers mostly have lower hp. Furthermore Juggers are the only tanking class who go for Strength armoring and not the guardian ones because more strength = more mitgation.

If your raid is so much abt hp exchange your veracity implants with the oricon ones from the commendations vendor which should be enough to get you up to 40k buffed.

Also max your companions and get strength/willpower/endurance datacrons. However this difference is only very small.

In case your raid/guild leader wants to discuss this on Teamspeak sent me a Pm with details.

Edited by Methoxa

Try putting on some crap gear with ALACRITY on it "because it has also more endurance".

If the reaction from your guild then is like "Wow, he has more HP, so his gear must be better now", then just leave that guild.

Edited by Eternalnight

Thanks for all the replies guys, it has helped confirm that I'm going in the right direction.

EDIT: Just to add, my guild is not a hardcore progressive guild. Just wanted to confirm that my thought process is correct and I can go back to them and say: "I'm ready for HM content". Rather enjoy playing with them and want to be able to contribute to the bit of "progression" we try and do :p

Edited by VertigoZa
Addendum

• 2 weeks later...
HP pool is a tad on the low side, but you can work around it for DF. DP is another story, because Raptus can 1 shot even well geared tanks. There's no substitute for raw HP on some fights. Anything else is really superfluous for HMs. Brontes always gives Jug tanks a run for their money, but she doesn't respect defense like other bosses do. The fight is almost 100% force damage, which you can't parry. Just study up on the fights. DF is very coordination based instance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.